TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after putting in afr 165 heads, cobra intake manifold, jba headers, exhaust, new wires and ignition, my car did a 15.5 1/4 mile at 94 mph. and my 0-60 is 6.9. all these mods hardly did anything. It was really hot out when i tested though. so im going to go out and try again tonight.

oh yea and im using a getech ss to test this so im not sure how acureate this is

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think if you can simulate track conditions it is pretty accurate, but you will never be able to do that on the street.
Tire spin will dramatically make your times slower on the gtech, so I wouldn't go on that alone. Also the trap speed was always off for me (on the street).

Really IMO the only thing the gtech is somewhat accuralty good for is too find out what your gains might be after a mod(s) as long as you test it at teh same place, and same conditions.

Just take it to the track and you'll know for sure what it runs ;)

Oh btw, I would imagine with testing ti later in the evening you'll do worse since the roads will be colder.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually I think my crappy tires get better traction on colder streets

·
Registered
332 Posts
My G-Tech has been very accurate compared to the track even with tire spin. The trap speed is usually inaccurate though. From what everyone has been saying with those mods, maybe you should get a tune next to tie all those mods together.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How about you do it the old fashioned way and actually go experience the track. You can analyze everything then because of that other old fashioned thing called um oh yeah a print out. There is a lot more to a track time then just mashing on the gas.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
well my times are in my sig but mine is and 86 which is a little lighter its about 3600 race weight ive got the same heads as u they rock, 12.50 @ 110 dude if u still have the stock cam thats part of your problem u gotta move more air with the bigger heads and intake just my 2 cents, on my car i went from gt40p heads to afr 165 heads and a ported lower explorer intake which the intake was aready on before hand i gain 40 rwhp just from that and i had and e303 cam at the time u just need a matching cam just my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts