TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday my 87 TC 5 speed shut off and wouldn't start. Had it towed to the shop and found out that the distributor shaft was broken at the gear. They replaced the distributor and module and car ran good. Turesday car shut off and wouldn't start. Pulled the distributor cap Turned the engine over and the roter didn't turn. Now the shop thinks it's the oil pump that's braking the shaft but the oil pressure is fine, wouldn't that affect the oil pressure? I'm thinking it's the auxiliary shaft. What does all of you think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
this seems to be a common problem go over to turboford.org and do a search i wish i could help more

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prob found

the auxiliary shaft is missing teeth!! new prob can't find a new aux shaft, no one has it and I need the car on the road.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reaper 94lx said:
the auxiliary shaft is missing teeth!! new prob can't find a new aux shaft, no one has it and I need the car on the road.

i just happen to have a spare ill try to get a look at it tommorow and see if it is ok

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have one you will be a life saver to me. You wouldn't have a Boost Control Solenoid would you?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reaper 94lx said:
If you have one you will be a life saver to me. You wouldn't have a Boost Control Solenoid would you?

i will check

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hay sleeper, have you found anything yet? :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same problem with my '87. If you are running a high volume oil pump get rid of it and I know its a pain but you will have to replace the bushings that the intermeidate shaft rides on also.
I went through 5 distributors and 2 shafts before I cured it.

The intermiedate shaft would ride up and down the bore and break the dist. gears because it didnt always ride on the center of the 2 gears.

Hope this makes sence to you.

btw, I was running 21 lbs boost! It was a blast!

Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I'm running 100% stock and I can't even find another shaft let alone the bushing. Yes it makes sence, I know how it works and why it works this is just the first time I've heard of it and my first time owning a turbo coupe. Thank you I had forgoten about the bushing.

Douglas

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
SLEEPER T-BIRD 87 said:
1987 TURBO COUPE -- 429/c-6 .headers,motorsports cam,ported heads,750 holley,high rise intake,electric waterpump,big shot plate kit,much much more!!!!!!
new numbers coming soon!!!
So you've given up on the 1/2 motor???

·
Registered
77 Posts
TurboCoupe50 said:
So you've given up on the 1/2 motor???

no,not really ill always have a place for the 2300 right now it is more effective to part with most of the parts on it and count my losses at this time since the head is busted and my job limitates the time i have to spend modifying new parts to fit

plus i couldn't pass the deal on this other stuff i picked up :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sleeper pm me your address and I'll send you a money order. do you have the bushings for it? I kinda forgot that I'll be needing them. if you don't I can call my cuz at the dealership and see if he can get them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reaper 94lx said:
sleeper pm me your address and I'll send you a money order. do you have the bushings for it? I kinda forgot that I'll be needing them. if you don't I can call my cuz at the dealership and see if he can get them.

i'll send you everything attached to the block that has to do with the aux shaft :D

and you have a p/m also

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your a life saver

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Money Order is on the way. Let me know when you get it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reaper 94lx said:
The Money Order is on the way. Let me know when you get it.

recived it today i will get it out and on the way by monday :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok let me know when it's in the mail

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
please tell me it's in the mail, I need the car running asap, it's my only way to work and I need it before the 13th. it took 3days for the money order to get to you so I'm hoping that it'll take that long for it to get here

1 - 20 of 29 Posts