TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
̇
3,702 Posts
The subframe bushing kits are $325 shipped. The same price that Doug sold them for.

I'll work on a complete list, but basically, all of my prices meet or beat Doug's prices. :)

Thanks.. :)

I wasn't aware of all the parts that Doug made..So a list would be helpful..

I don't think he documented all the parts he made anywhere either.. :zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you making the SRB sleeves. I'll be doing the bushings as part of a massive front suspension overhaul and want to be prepared. Thank you

·
I make stuff
66 Posts
Are you making the SRB sleeves. I'll be doing the bushings as part of a massive front suspension overhaul and want to be prepared. Thank you
Yes sir, I am. $135 shipped.

I'm not at home right now, so I don't have a picture to upload at the moment.

Rayo--

Sorry I've forgotten to come back with a complete list. I'll try and do that later tonight.

·
Super Moderator
3,566 Posts
Dont mind rayo's request, those who truly need this stuff will contact you regardless of what it costs. :D

Besides, right now the important thing is for you to work on machining the repairs for my speaker parts! :)
Based on what I've seen at the Ford online parts sites, these are actually cheaper than the OEM part which is pretty much impossible to get. The OEM part is around $90 each so that means $360 + shipping for OEM. The aluminum ones at SCP are $386 + shipping.

This is a good deal.

It will be a while before I get to putting mine on though. I'm still dealing with a back injury right now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
strut rod bushings?

Jay, ever get around to the full list of stuff you offer? Any way you can start turning out strut rod bushings? I know it was brought up to Doug 4+ years, but he turned it down because you could still get factory kits at the time. Think of the market for them...

·
I make stuff
66 Posts
Jay, ever get around to the full list of stuff you offer? Any way you can start turning out strut rod bushings? I know it was brought up to Doug 4+ years, but he turned it down because you could still get factory kits at the time. Think of the market for them...
Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. I do most of my internetting on a smartphone, and didn't want to have to type this all out on such a small screen...

Anyway, here's a list of everything I can make:

-Delrin rear LCA bushings - $325 shipped

-Delrin rear knuckle bushings - $325 shipped

-UMHW subframe bushings - $325 shipped

If you buy any 2 of the above bushing sets at the same time, the total is discounted to $600 shipped.
If you buy all 3 of the above bushings at the same time, the total is discounted to $900 shipped.

------------------------------------------------------------

-UHMW spring perches for the Mark VIII rear LCA's - $150 shipped
- $180 shipped with the Prothane 61709 poly spring isolators included

-Stainless steel steering u-joint and stub shaft - $150 shipped

-Stainless steel strut rod bushing sleeves - $135 shipped

-Stainless steel rear brake caliper relocation brackets for Cobra rotors - $80 shipped

-Energy Suspension rear sway bar bracket kit - $75 shipped

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The following items are for Mark VIII's only:

-Stainless steel solid coolant crossover plug - $40 shipped

-Stainless steel coolant crossover plug with a 1/8"npt drilled/tapped hole through the center for water temp sensor, etc... - $45 shipped

-Stainless steel shock mount kit (includes all SS hardware, Energy Suspension poly bushings, and SS washers) - $66 shipped

-Delrin HID adapters - $50 shipped

-Plug/play aftermarket HID kit (for 97/98, and 96 LSC only) - $165 shipped

----------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I can also do other machining/lathe work if you happen to have a project that you need done.

·
Super Moderator
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Added this list to the first post. Thanks Jay.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What are the OEM rear subframe bushings made of? Were they all rubber? How do these rear subframe bushings compare, particularly in ride harshness, and noise/vibration? Are they suitable for use in a daily driver?

I've got nearly 204,000 miles on my '97 T-Bird, and I've got about 85% of the parts I need for a complete rear suspension rebuild. I would imagine my rear subframe bushings are, at this point, about shot!

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
What are the OEM rear subframe bushings made of? Were they all rubber? How do these rear subframe bushings compare, particularly in ride harshness, and noise/vibration? Are they suitable for use in a daily driver?

I've got nearly 204,000 miles on my '97 T-Bird, and I've got about 85% of the parts I need for a complete rear suspension rebuild. I would imagine my rear subframe bushings are, at this point, about shot!

Thanks,

Dennis
rubber bonded onto metal.

·
I make stuff
66 Posts
Payment was sent last week, wanted to make sure you received my mayment thru paypal. : )
Yes sir. Received. Thanks!

Thanks,

Dennis
rubber bonded onto metal.
^yep.

The UHMW rear subframe bushings will likely give you some increased NVH over the stock bushings, but most people have said that they haven't really noticed it. If you're replacing all of the other bushings with like-stock replacements, I'd guess that you wouldn't notice it at all.

·
I make stuff
66 Posts
Not to get off topic but are the front strut rod sleeves still available?
I'm sorry for not noticing this earlier. Yes they are. I just sent out 2 different sets of them last week. :D

Here's a couple more pictures. I've beefed them up a little bit compared to the way DLF used to make them. As you can see in the last picture, these are TIG welded 360 degrees. Still 100% stainless steel. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice welds. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I know what it is. The fact that they are on the inside circumference makes it easy for argon to linger around and protect them from the atmosphere as the heat dissipates so they don't oxidize as readily as an outside joint. Nice welds indeed.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.