13,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So sorry you've run into this.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
905 Posts
Sent a FB message. Maybe that will get to him. Looks like he passed something not too long ago. I'll wait a few more days before posting anything to the other pages. Really trying to give him a chance. Patience wearing thin.

·
Registered
94 Thunderbird
37 Posts
I see this is still going on. I'm really disappointed in Jay. Over two years ago, I had to join with another Facebook group member to call him out publicly before anything got done on an order placed three years ago. This is just bad business. He either needs to be over the personal problems he had three years ago or he needs to quit selling products if he can't deliver on them in a timely manner.

As far as the parts are concerned, SCP sells the rear knuckle and Mark VIII LCA bushings in UHMW polyethylene. Super Coupes Unlimited (David Dalke) also sells them. SCP sells the UHMW rear subframe bushings. SCP sells the Mark VIII LCA rear spring perches. TBSC Shop sells the front strut rod bushing sleeves.

I'm aware Bill at SCP has them, I was interested in the Jay ones , if i read correctly they came with new bolts and were slightly cheaper, I know for a fact I'll be snapping some lol

But, from reading the recent negative reviews, I guess I'll be getting them from SCP.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'll update if I get any movement from him, but it's my recommendation you go elsewhere... If I don't get my money back I'll be ordering from SCP plus eating the cost on this sh*tshow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm aware Bill at SCP has them, I was interested in the Jay ones , if i read correctly they came with new bolts and were slightly cheaper, I know for a fact I'll be snapping some lol

But, from reading the recent negative reviews, I guess I'll be getting them from SCP.
Better to pay more and actually have something on hand in a week rather than pay less and maybe get them in a year. You can try asking Bill to price match and see if he would be willing to do so.

As for the bolts, if you have to buy new ones, Ryan Zimmerly made the following notes about them at SCCoA:

The stock bolt is M12x1.75 and 125mm from the head flange to the end of the threads and 133mm to from the head flange to the tip of the bolt. McMaster Carr has SHCS grade 12.9 in 130mm length and longer, and HHCS from them grade 10.9 but only up to 120mm no longer.
Doug himself also provided the following link to a replacement bolt from Fastenal: M12-1.75 x 130mm DIN 931 Class 10.9 Plain Finish Hex Cap Screw | Fastenal

There's way better info here from the source: UHMW IRS Sub-Frame Mount Kits

·
Registered
905 Posts
Update: Got in touch with Jay on the MN12 FN10 for sale group on FB. He's had a bunch of stuff going on, personal issues. He said he'd have my parts out in a couple weeks. I'm willing to give it a shot and hope he comes thru.

·
Administrator
13,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
That's all you can do. At least he responded to your inquiry. Thanks for the update.

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
Update: Got in touch with Jay on the MN12 FN10 for sale group on FB. He's had a bunch of stuff going on, personal issues. He said he'd have my parts out in a couple weeks. I'm willing to give it a shot and hope he comes thru.

Did he ever end up solving his personal stuff? Sucks that things had to go so bad that it led us down this path. Ask him if he will sell the plans to me for all the stuff he bought from DLF.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Did he ever end up solving his personal stuff? Sucks that things had to go so bad that it led us down this path. Ask him if he will sell the plans to me for all the stuff he bought from DLF.
Not sure. He did finally get me settled up, but it took a half year or more. Sounded like he may have still had some stuff going on that he was trying to deal with. Hope he got it figured out.

I do have measurements of what I got from him. I'm waiting on paint and body before I use them, so if a measurement is needed I do have them. (Although an hour away at the shop).

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
I have a few things, but I really don't want to disassemble them since they're already in place. What all did you get from him?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Subframe bushings in delrin is all.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I have subframe bushings in aluminum in my garage. Just gotta dig them out of the box I put them in, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
I still have a full set I got from DLF; We could make these.
I'm sorry I apologised for all the bad things I said to him when I thought he ripped dlf off.
That's still my only infraction, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
At this moment, as in actually right now as I type this I am in the process of making some of these as it happens. The UHMW bar stock is in the bandsaw right now. I made up my own drawings and models in Fusion360 and printed a prototype on my 3D printer. The material came in this week for me to make a set for myself and another person. These are the first ones I'm attempting and if they work out then I'll share the dimensions and files for them but I want to make sure they are correct first with any revisions that I may need to make before posting the files. I will probably know in about a week how they fit, need to machine them first. I'm about to change shops this month and the new job will have access to more equipment so down the road the possibility exists to make these fairly quickly and easily.

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
At this moment, as in actually right now as I type this I am in the process of making some of these as it happens. The UHMW bar stock is in the bandsaw right now. I made up my own drawings and models in Fusion360 and printed a prototype on my 3D printer. The material came in this week for me to make a set for myself and another person. These are the first ones I'm attempting and if they work out then I'll share the dimensions and files for them but I want to make sure they are correct first with any revisions that I may need to make before posting the files. I will probably know in about a week how they fit, need to machine them first. I'm about to change shops this month and the new job will have access to more equipment so down the road the possibility exists to make these fairly quickly and easily.

View attachment 44491 View attachment 44490 View attachment 44489

Nice! Can I add you to my Fusion 360 team?

Subframe bushings in delrin is all.
Cool, those are the ones I didn't order.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice! Can I add you to my Fusion 360 team?
Sure, I'll PM you my email for that Fusion account.

Cool, those are the ones I didn't order.
I would rather Delrin as well but it's triple the price of UHMW on the larger sizes. The suspension bushings I have to make are going to be Delrin though, the price isn't bad for it on the small sizes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What about aluminum?
Aluminum is probably around Delrin pricewise but also easier to do overall as it eliminates having to make the metal center bushing that has to be in the plastic ones so it's actually less work overall and the machines don't care what material they are cutting.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts