·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So sorry you've run into this.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sent a FB message. Maybe that will get to him. Looks like he passed something not too long ago. I'll wait a few more days before posting anything to the other pages. Really trying to give him a chance. Patience wearing thin.

·
Registered
1994 Thunderbird LX
8 Posts
I see this is still going on. I'm really disappointed in Jay. Over two years ago, I had to join with another Facebook group member to call him out publicly before anything got done on an order placed three years ago. This is just bad business. He either needs to be over the personal problems he had three years ago or he needs to quit selling products if he can't deliver on them in a timely manner.

As far as the parts are concerned, SCP sells the rear knuckle and Mark VIII LCA bushings in UHMW polyethylene. Super Coupes Unlimited (David Dalke) also sells them. SCP sells the UHMW rear subframe bushings. SCP sells the Mark VIII LCA rear spring perches. TBSC Shop sells the front strut rod bushing sleeves.

I'm aware Bill at SCP has them, I was interested in the Jay ones , if i read correctly they came with new bolts and were slightly cheaper, I know for a fact I'll be snapping some lol

But, from reading the recent negative reviews, I guess I'll be getting them from SCP.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'll update if I get any movement from him, but it's my recommendation you go elsewhere... If I don't get my money back I'll be ordering from SCP plus eating the cost on this sh*tshow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm aware Bill at SCP has them, I was interested in the Jay ones , if i read correctly they came with new bolts and were slightly cheaper, I know for a fact I'll be snapping some lol

But, from reading the recent negative reviews, I guess I'll be getting them from SCP.
Better to pay more and actually have something on hand in a week rather than pay less and maybe get them in a year. You can try asking Bill to price match and see if he would be willing to do so.

As for the bolts, if you have to buy new ones, Ryan Zimmerly made the following notes about them at SCCoA:

The stock bolt is M12x1.75 and 125mm from the head flange to the end of the threads and 133mm to from the head flange to the tip of the bolt. McMaster Carr has SHCS grade 12.9 in 130mm length and longer, and HHCS from them grade 10.9 but only up to 120mm no longer.
Doug himself also provided the following link to a replacement bolt from Fastenal: M12-1.75 x 130mm DIN 931 Class 10.9 Plain Finish Hex Cap Screw | Fastenal

There's way better info here from the source: UHMW IRS Sub-Frame Mount Kits

·
Registered
146 Posts
Update: Got in touch with Jay on the MN12 FN10 for sale group on FB. He's had a bunch of stuff going on, personal issues. He said he'd have my parts out in a couple weeks. I'm willing to give it a shot and hope he comes thru.

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
That's all you can do. At least he responded to your inquiry. Thanks for the update.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts