TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to using moog strut rod bushings over and over they actually damaged my subframe. I bought the kit with stainless sleeves and OE Ford Bushings this time and 2 new control arms and now Im going to be paying someone to change it for me. I figure while its out I can put a larger sway bar in there. Half the posts I read are someone complaining the larger sway bars are hitting something and dont fit. My car is bone stock, will I have any trouble installing the Adco 1 1/4 front sway bar?

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
The 1-1/4" bar fits fine. It is the 1-3/8" bar that hits. Also, just so you know, the whole front subframe has to be lowered to replace the front sway bar, definitely not a "while you are in there" kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Getting a oil filter relocation kit is recommended when getting the 1-1/4 (and especially for the 1-3/8) bars because of that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What oil filter relocation kit do you recommend? I want to put the kit in before I give him the car to put the new sub frame in.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
There's a few out there. I got one from a member here a while ago, but I forget what brand / model it was. All I know is that the filter adapter takes the FL1A oil filter instead of the FL500S filter.

·
Registered
550 Posts
complete relocation

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
1 - 9 of 9 Posts