TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sold a buyer on sccoa a set of cylinder heads off my sc, we agreed on 125 shipped for the heads no big deal

he wanted them because in 2004 when the headgaskets blew i had them decked and a 3 angle valve job done to them before they went back on

he states he removed the valves from the heads and found no valve job was done to them and wants a refund

i have the reciept somewhere stating it was done i did not check the work as i dont have the tools to do so

he sent me pictures of the heads torn apart

do i have a claim i dont owe a refund do to the fact he tore them apart or whats the best way to handle this, i feel like im the one who will get screwed over and i feel im in the right here

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
That sucks, you got screwed by the shop that supposedly did the head job and in turn screwed someone else over without even realizing it. You both have legitimate complaints.

Here's an option. How long has it been since the shop originally did the work for you? If it hasn't been to long I'd take the pictures over to them and demand a refund for the work that they supposedly did. Threaten to take them to small claims court and report them to the BBB and the states attorney generals office (They handle consumer complaints) Then I'd take any refund money you get from the shop (up to $125) and give it to the guy you sold the head to.

This situation is bad no matter how you look at it. I'd just try to make it right for both of you. This is the best solution I can think of.

Otherwise the guy you sold them to is SOL.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Before you shipped the heads, did you stamp them somewhere?

I ALWAYS do that when heads/blocks/cranks/etc. leave my house. Too many times I have dropped something off at a machine shop and not received my original parts back. And if you sell them to someone and they try to scam you, you can quickly verify what is what.

I would recommend offering to refund his original purchase price ($125) once he ships the heads back to you. If he isn’t willing to ship them back (which should be less that the valve work would cost), I would be a little leery of his honesty. It is real easy to post photos of something and say something else. If he does ship them back, I would take them back to the machine shop that did the head work and ask some questions. If they were smart, they marked the heads also so they know they did the work…

And shipping back with the purchaser paying the return shipping is pretty much the industry standard for something like this. So he really shouldn't have a problem.

It boils down to whom do you believe? The machine shop that gave you a receipt for the work, or someone on the internet that posted some photo’s claiming the work was not done. Tough question but that is what the real issue is.

But just my opinion and I agree that it is a tough situation.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
:zwthstpd:

Great Advice. Hopefully between our two suggestions you can work it out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the work was done in 2004 to late to go back now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts