TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i actually havent done the night shades, because everwhere that stocks it is always out. so im waiting on shippment. but will i need to get brighter light? or will it be fine?

im using it for my tail lights, and im going smoked out, not blacked out.

if i do need better lights what number are they?
i have a 90 sc. thanks

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Depends on how many coats you do. I did 2 on mine and could have probably gotten by without the brighter bulbs. I just put in some 3457 in the brakelights and some of the "superwhite" 3156 bulbs from Eurolite (you can get them in the ricer isle of your favorite parts house)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Think of it this way. Are brighter bulbs going to hurt anything regardless of the nightshades?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Traveler said:
Think of it this way. Are brighter bulbs going to hurt anything regardless of the nightshades?
rhetorical question?

maybe theyll melt the harness and housing. i dont know.

or did you mean, "why not make em brighter? merlon your the man!!!"

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL I'd go with the second response. I've never heard of them melting the housing unless you go with something REALLY bright (as in illegal bright)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cougar_guy04 said:
Depends on how many coats you do. I did 2 on mine and could have probably gotten by without the brighter bulbs. I just put in some 3457 in the brakelights and some of the "superwhite" 3156 bulbs from Eurolite (you can get them in the ricer isle of your favorite parts house)
or
ive a 90 super coupe

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
How about the LED approach. Falcon was looking into that. Those should work great for taillights.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah no doubt. im looking for some led sets. in bright white. or should i get bright red.

anyways that model clear paint on your car looks just as good to me as night shades. they probably carry it at most hobby stores right?

andways im looking for those led lights for our cars, if anyone knows whats up let me know. red or hiper white?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Not my car. Check that thread I posted. NiteShades is flakey. Look at it sprayed on clear glass and hold it up to the light. At least that's what happened when I got some overspray on some plastic. Plus when you spray it it's like flat black paint. The other stuff is completely clear. I'm guessing it's also glossy when you spray it compared to NiteShades.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeahh huh?
i found the led lights at my kragens.

bulb # 3147
Red leds
APC

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Those suck for spread of light. I had them in my truck. Couldn't hardly see any light from the side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts