TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not, what wires under the hood get the information for the tach? Mine was acting up, and recently died. I'm putting a new one in tommorow but would like to have this information ready if that doesn't fix it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
NRL said:
If not, what wires under the hood get the information for the tach? Mine was acting up, and recently died. I'm putting a new one in tommorow but would like to have this information ready if that doesn't fix it. :confused:
Yes the tach gets the info from the computer ... the computer gets the info from the cam and crankshaft sensors. Im pretty sure it will be ok after installing a new tach. If you run Datalogger you will see the info the pcm is receiving.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figured a 94 SC tach would go in just like the speedo, but the LX has an extra pin the SC one doesn't so I guess that won't work. Just good to know it's the tach flipping out and not something important.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
NRL said:
Well I figured a 94 SC tach would go in just like the speedo, but the LX has an extra pin the SC one doesn't so I guess that won't work. Just good to know it's the tach flipping out and not something important.
Yep, i had to make sure about that too. I think my tach came from a 93.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts