·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, Thx! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
If the B&M does its "improving" by raising line presssure across the board, it will tend to wear internal seals unnecessarily. If you just have it set to firm to do a pass at the track, and leave it normal the rest of the time, it shouldn't do any harm.

I can't see the harm of raising line pressure just during shifts, but I haven't tried this on mine. I may try this with my next rebuild.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
It over heats, will literally melt whatever it touches...I had it for about 6 months before I ditched it and did a REAL tranny mod...Like Bill_s said, if yer just doin' track runs, then it is ok, but leaving it on longer then say 10 mins at a time, it will burn sh*t...trust me, I have a nice burn in my pass. seat from it :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
i had one for a while it shifts much harder. the good thing is that you can turn it off. it gets very hot tho so be careful if you get it, ive heard of it starting a fire in someones car mounted in the dash somewhere. if you can get one very cheap and you wanna see the difference the j mod will do then do it i guess. the j mod will shift harder and it doesnt hurt the trans at the same time

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Does it cool down when you switch it back to the stock seting or do you have to unplug it all together, b/c I was thinking about getting one to just have on for passes at the track and leave it switched to the stock setting for everyday driving, but if i cant drive for more than 10 mins on the stock seting without burining my car down then its not worth it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Look, it gets hot when you leave it in constant use. But otherwise, when left off its stays cool. I have one sitting here at my place. if you want it I will sell it for $25 shipped. with instructions. It works. Chis

·
Registered
798 Posts
Not to "sale block" here, but i've always heard bad things about it. If you're going to be doing a transmission mod, you might as well do it right with a shift kit/VB mod, You can do the J-mod for a bit more than 25$

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I have one that I put in my car before I found this website, didn't like it, made the solenoids in the tranny click, but it's still around here somewhere.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
There was also someone on this site....I forgot who.....who one a judgement against them and they had to pay for a new trans because of the damage it caused. I agree adding line pressure just during the shift isn't an issue in fact SCT chips do just that

·
Registered
205 Posts
YES run far far away. My friend had one in his truck, and indeed it did catch fire while he was driving on the highway. luckily he was pretty quick off the road so the damage wasn't so bad, but it still sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts