TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'd research this idea pretty carefully...

the concept is an old one that's been applied in the days of
carburetors - the idea being that the spacer helps slow down
or prevent as much heat sinking from the manifold into the
caburetor body. Also was thought to help increase the venturi effect
a little bit. A lot of GTP boys use 'em.

Now I have NO EXPERIENCE with this kit or one like it, but before
you toss the idea, I'd try and learn more about it from the
'Stang boys or from anybody that can talk from actual experience.
This concept holds a lot more validity than at least two or three
of the other silly power adding tricks that have been recently
posted and argued over.

I'd be interested in learning what you find out.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got some info

Here is what someone said on the corral

"2HP/2TQ peak. 7-9 HP 4500-redline (on a GT). test was on LaRoccas dyno."

The test was done on a N/A GT. He said he is getting his and its under $40 So maybe for $40 its worth a try. I got to get everything I can so I can make my bro look stupd in his BMW 325i when is gets up here. He doesn't know what im doing to my car yet. He still thinks its stock. haha Hes going down

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
HMMM....Spacer...$40.00...eh?

hmmmm....wonder if I could stuff it under mine
and would it hold the pressure.....? Hmmmm......

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IM getting the details on where to get them from. I guess for 2hp for $40 thats like $20 a horse. Damn if I get 60hp from the PI heads it will cost about $25 a horse. Sounds pretty good for the money. haha

I think I have a problem I will do anything for 2hp. I think I have hit an all time low. Next I will start taking out all the crap inside the body panels. Hey I might save 20lbs hahaha This is sad.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yeah , but how easy...

to install now as opposed to later and remember.....
beating a Bimmer? It's WELL worth it! :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and the fact that its my brother. He thinks his car is the sh*t. hes telling me it has 270hp when the most it can have is like 192hp. its a 1993 325i

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
stock the 93 325i has
189hp
181lb/ft
and weighs
3087lbs

considering power to weight ratios (including torque) you actually have him beat i think and your power develops earlier in the revs. but is his a manny or an auto? i think you'll be fine. a few extra mods wouldnt hurt though. and it's more than just the 2hp at peak, there's more power found through those later revs (though our cars shift not long after that!). even if he beats you, just tell him that that bmw is a woman's car and to lick your balls.

·
Registered
498 Posts
As far as the throttle body spacer, I have one on my 95....I can take pics of it later
If have a violin case it makes for a tricky installation, I'd suggest getting a pair of gloves unless you're going to install it about 5am after leaving your car sitting for a while. Or hot pads. I noticed a small gain...the one I have is actually the Helix Powertower, bout an inch thick, got threads on the inside so it can "swirl". Whatever. Its got a nice whistle if you know what you're listening for. For my money, I dont feel it was that good of an investment. I feet $100 should be better spent elsewhere. Get some good plug wires.
I'll post pics as soon as it gets a little darker outside, too bright for the digital cam right now.
Later

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here we go again

Thyg0d, The BMW has 189hp. I will have PI heads installed and all this other crap. so I will have ALOT more by then

1 - 11 of 11 Posts