TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i haven't posted in a while. I wanted to ask for your opinion here.

To make it short, i work for Best Buy...for a year now. I sell tv's. Well today i had a grilling from managers cause apparently i pissed off my supervisor...whatever.

All the sales guys get NO COMMISION. Literally i can sell, and DO sell 20-40 thousand dollar setups in home theater, and i get nothing more..nothing. I'm looking for a job now that pays commision cause i'm sick of having to sell all this crap and there is no motivation. Hell i'll sell a $499 warranty/service plan on a expensive tv and get nothing, don't you think this sucks..?

BTW lol the managers ALL recieve bonuses on the service plans we sell and all OUR sales, yet we get jack. The managers always say we get no commision cause they don't want to create a pressured environment towards customers.. BS..!! It's cause they don't want to give us an extra dime.

I want a job selling in retail but that makes commision, i like to actually get PAID extra for my hard work, not just salary which is nill anyway, i just wanted to see if yall agree with me on the fact that no commision sales is completely retarded.

PS when i get a job lined up, what's the best coarse of action. Hell i'd like to quit the day i get a new job, you think i should give my 2 weeks or what..? I would LOOOOVVVVEEE to just walk out on a busy saturday at 2pm, lol.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
...The managers always say we get no commision cause they don't want to create a pressured environment towards customers.. BS..!! It's cause they don't want to give us an extra dime...
I, for one, have a tendency not to shop at places where the salesman makes a commission off of the sale. Why? Because sales people that make a commission try too hard to sell. I generally want to walk into a place and buy what I want, not what I am pressured into buying.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
DEF give your 2 weeks if you can. It looks a lot better on your resume especially if they call Best Buy to ask about you.

And yea, that’s pretty stupid that you don’t get commission for at least the really expensive stuff.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Yeah I love my Best Buy...but I hate how you guys are so NICE...it tends to get a little irritating. The security guy at the front door is the worst, "Hi welcome to Best Buy". I wish you guys would stop acting like zombies and punch me in the face and call me a tit sucker or some thing. God and if you had to work for commission you'd try and wipe my *** while I'm trying to play PS3! Lol, just playing, hope it works out for ya! :thumbsup:

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
My cousin used to work at Circuit City, and I'm 95% certain he was paid commission...maybe you could check them out, seems like it'd be a pretty seamless transition between jobs...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hopefully i'm gonna get a job with verizon cell phones or cingular/att they make alot..ALOT of commision i got some buddies with them. The average sales guy takes home $1,500 month commision checks and $12/hr salary.

i cannot wait to to give in my 2 weeks. just a month ago a pat timer quit, and best buy has this elaborate form that asks you why you want to quit and what you do not like about best buy...i can't wait to fill that puppy out.

when i think about it, i simply feel like punching a manager in the face. just to think THEY get a bonus when i sell a service plan, but i don't.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Sales

Sorry...........I hate most sales people.

·
Registered
958 Posts
you know who i hate..........radioshack employees........as soon as you walk in "is there something i can help you with?" tell them no thanks and go straight to what i'm looking for....while browsing at other items near what i came for not 1minute after i walked in the same employee walks up...."finding everything okay???" gimmie a friggin chance to look a$$hole!!!! i'd probably spend more money in there but they annoy me so i get out asap........

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
But how many of the "Can I help you"s are actually able to help you? I like to ask about some oddball thing that I know they have and when they say they don't carry it I say "Really? How about leting me help you now?" and then I take them and show it to them.

But I really do appreciate it when they actually know what they have and are helpful. That makes me go to those stores more often when I actually do need help.

Darrin

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It took you over a year to decide Best Buy is a really sh*tty place to work? I've never even worked there and already knew that. lol

Just give your 2 weeks and get out already. Some bitter a-hole manager still probably won't give you a good recommendation though. :rolleyes:

http://www.bestbuysux.org/

BTW lol the managers ALL receive bonuses on the service plans we sell and all OUR sales, yet we get jack. The managers always say we get no commission cause they don't want to create a pressured environment towards customers.. BS..!! It's cause they don't want to give us an extra dime.
No it's true they don't want to create a high pressure sales environment for their customers. However they do enjoy creating a high pressure environment for you sales people by rewarding department managers based on how well their sales teams sell, sell, sell! ;)

Face it unless you have Best Buy management potential you’ll never be anything but their whipped ass slave driven b*tch!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Problem is....places like Best Buy aren't made for the very knowledgeable consumer. If you know THAT much about Car Stereos...you probably wouldn't buy anything they carry there.
When I go into a place like that, I don't ask for help or anything...because I know more about car stereos than they do. I would never go to a retail store for 'help'.
As for T.V.'s.....there are places to go that are cheaper.
Best Buy and other like stores are meant for uneducated or semi-educated consumers.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
ermmm... i work for verizon.. not that glamorous... but you get 10% commission for accessories, 10 dollars a line.... certain phones you make commission on.. and you get money for data/text/vcast/etc... my hourly is 6.50..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Obiouvsly when you were hired you knew you weren't paid on commission so why did you take the job in the first place if you hate it so much? I agree with the other posters though. I hate salesman that work off of commission, they are too damn pushy. I buy what I want, not what the salesman gets paid the most to sell me

·
Super Moderator
10,300 Posts
when i think about it, i simply feel like punching a manager in the face. just to think THEY get a bonus when i sell a service plan, but i don't.
Do not punch anyone out!

It really looks bad on your resume...It took years to get that one to go away...

Turn in your notice the day after you get a new job...they may not let you work it out, and they have to pay you...or they do here, anyway.

If you get a similar job, spend the 'notice' time redirecting customers to your new place of employment; tell them to mention you by name...

Be sure to forward a copy of that 'why I left' paper to all your bosses bosses by email; you know he won't...and it's too late to fire you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts