TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question/poll is above.

I hate my job because I am treated like trash. According to everyone I am their ***** just because I am in cleanup/detail.

Example: A guy wants his 2004 Vette cleaned, he ONLY wants it done by certain people in detail. He just comes in, and drops his keys off, KNOWING damn good an well we are busy with other cars.

It just frusterates me that people are too GD (you know what this means) lazy to clean their own cars or respect others. This guy has more money than I will probably EVER have (went from AMG Mercades to 04 Vette with 400 miles), not to mention free time, and he can't clean his own freaking car!

My supervisor Dave also is pretty well off and he also treats me and others like we are just peons with statements such as: "I am done with you now," "It is your job to clean my trash," "Why are you getting paid $5.50 when I said minimum wage?" Well cockface, I don't know why they made an error, is it hurting your paycheck THAT MUCH?????

The job is starting to degrade my confidence and self esteem man... I am very thankful it is summer only..

Post your work rant or why you love your job!

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
My jobs not too bad, its a good college job. I'm a barback at a large resort in town. 99% of the time I work the big functions, when a buncha people come in with some group and they have hosted bars for them. I run my arse off (there are only 2 of us for as many people or bars that happen to be at the hotel at any given time. Sometimes 10+ bars scattered around the hotel, and 1K+ people, but thats not too often), and it gets frustrating sometimes. But the pay is excellent, my work schedule is varied so I get plenty of time to deal with classes, and I usually get to help take care of the leftovers for the big functions, they always make more than enough (NY strip steaks, crab, lobster, shrimp... the list goes on :))

I dont want to make a career out of it for sure, but while I'm finishing college it'll do just fine. And I like the crew I work with, and my boss is top-notch.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
nope i sure dont, but its actually not the job just all the extra bs that goes with it. i think its the one f'd up so everyone has to pay attitude that really does it for me, thats why i plan on fully utilizing my gi bill when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NRL said:
I've had over 20 payroll checks bounce. Nuff said.
Holy crap... Did they say why??

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
i have one of the easiest monkey jobs in the entire air force and the only thing i really hate about it, is the people. i'm not necessarily talking about the "i'm higher ranking than you, so you do this" type of people, although they do play a major role in it, but the lazy good-for-nothing retards/fat/lazy @$$holes who try and tell you how to do your job and butt into everything they can, even if it is none of their business. ok, so maybe i am talking about the people who want to abuse their rank...but that's what's so glorious about wasting the tax payer's dollar.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I loved my last job. I was the manager of a basement waterproofing/mold remediation company. I was in charge of the waterproofing (interior and I dabbled a bit in the exterior also), interior moisture control, and the mold remediation. It was a tough business, had to know a lot of sheeeeet, but I loved it. I not only managed those aspects of the company I also did sales (loved that the most), product research, ordering of materials, typed contracts, and acted as a field manager.

My boss was in charge of the masonry side (I dont care to know it) and did most of the exterior waterproofing jobs (drywells can be complicated).

I did a lot of stuff for that company for crap pay, but since I liked the job it was not too horrible. Had a company '95 F250 and that alone was a nice perk. Ended up getting fired when waterproofing season started to dry up (har-de-har-har) and work became scarce (mostly because my boss didn't listen to me and made a poor business move costing us time on other job sites and contracts for the long run). I guess it was either me or a forman, and Im not swinging a jackhammer... Now Uncle Sam is giving me back the money I have been paying him since I was 14... :D

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:

Holy crap... Did they say why??
He is just a damn jew and lives off the cash register. His payroll and personal account are the same. He also assumes that credit card transactions will show up by the time we cash our checks but they usually don't. Its a resteraunt BTW.. when we get delivery trucks from SYSCO and Gordon Foods, he has to pay in cash because they do not take his checks anymore. However it seems some people are about to buy the place so that should take care of that.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I'm an Authorized iDEN Product Repair Technician. Basically, I fix equipment for Nextel. I work for an indirect dealer.

I used to like this job, as I am very good at it, and I do have quite a reputation in the greater Providence area for being one of the best.

I really don't like the owner of the company. He's an idiot of sorts. He sees numbers, not people. He once complained to my immediate co-worker (who is having serious financial difficulty as a result of the owner's ignorance) about having to refinance his house. He owns a brand new GMC Yukon, a Beamer, a yacht worth a half a million dollars, and just got both his kids brand new Polaris four-wheelers. I don't want to hear it. ALso, I don't feel that someone has the right to dictate how you do your job unless they can do it for a day. He doesn't even know how to use the POS system.

For as long as I've been working, I've made a living fixing other people's problems. I've just grown very tired of listening to people. For those that have been doing it long enough to recieve a pension, the more power to ya. I'm just worn out. It's frustrating me and stressing me out to an unhealthy level.

It is because of all these things and more, I've decided to go back to school. Further my education and pursue my dreams :)

Can you tell I hate my job?
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42563

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NRL said:

He is just a damn jew and lives off the cash register. His payroll and personal account are the same. He also assumes that credit card transactions will show up by the time we cash our checks but they usually don't. Its a resteraunt BTW.. when we get delivery trucks from SYSCO and Gordon Foods, he has to pay in cash because they do not take his checks anymore. However it seems some people are about to buy the place so that should take care of that.
Payroll and personal account are the same????? Wow.. You need to get out of that disaster and somewhere else!

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
YES I hate my job!!!! eeer....no wait. What am I talking about? I don't even have a job. Ok then, how about this; I would love to hate my job!

(NRL....your avatar cracks me the hell up :D )

·
Registered
671 Posts
Payroll and personal account are the same
That's how it was at my last job. It was a big joke, because his Pelham Manor wife (non-working raised into money beeotch) would just waltz into the office and take a blank check. My mother, the book-keeper, would have to chase her down to find out how much she took. She would also have the company paying her phone and cable bills... the CPA went ape **** every time...

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i just started my new job 2 weeks ago and so far i like it. I'm a car transporter/valet a a big BMW/Mini/Porsche dealer in Boston. Pretty cool part-time job while i'm in college. i get to drive some sweet cars. Everyone I've met so far is pretty cool except the sales people. they're a bunch of cocky bastards. All the service people, techs, parts guys, etc. are cool but i dont know whats up with the sales people.

frank

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm a floor cleaner.

First off, apyday is friday, in Bellefonte, 53 miles from here. They're supposed to mail the checks Thursday. If we're lucky, they get in the mail the following Monday. I drive to Bellefonte to get my check, but it's never actually out Friday - not til Saturday after the banks close.

I work usually 7 nights a week, 6 if I'm lucky. NO overtime. If you work over 8 hours, you get paid for 8, no matter what. If you work 7 hours, however, you get docked.

I usually clean and maintain vinyl tile. Mop uploose dirt and dust, scrub it, mop where you can't scrub with the autoscrubber, and then buff it. The buffer will remove wax at high spots, and after there's traffic on it, it'll turn black. You've got to use high-strength cleaner and a scotch-brite pad to remove it. Nobody does it.

If something alcoholic is spilled on it, the wax will get eaten away. Nobody knows how to fix it.

They all get paid the same as me. I can fix any friggin problem with the floor. I try to teach them and they never do it. I work my *** off so the manager of the store doesn't fire the entire crew. What do I get? Nothing. I can't even get paid on time.

Fsck work. Welfare, here I come!!

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I'm an aircraft cylinder head inspector.

I like my job.. I look at cylinders, see whats wrong, replace valve guides, seats, grind valves, sand blast, fit rings, lap valve seats, polish, etc etc etc etc... it's OK money and the company I work for is pretty lenient on tardiness.. but if you want something or need to get something (parts, or a raise) you ask for it, and they will "pass the buck" so it never gets done. Kind of annoying. But I do have access to MANY MAN machines.. mills, lathes, welders, plasma cutters, 3 different kinds of blasting machines (Soda, Plastic, Sand) Tools, tap and dye's, I can go on for ever. I'll stick with it... =P

·
Registered
975 Posts
I hate my job. I do customer service for Verizon Wireless. Of course I don't actually work for Verizon Wireless, so I get a measly $7.15 an hour (better than some places at least, but not very good for a 23 year old) and not even a discount on their phones. They won't even give me a freakin schedule change when I request it. I am definately ready to move on.

My previous job was pretty cool. I worked for a construction company mostly driving dump trucks, sometimes running dozers, etc. It got pretty crappy at the end when they had us picking up sticks, though it might still be better than what I'm doing now. I didn't quit from there; the company broke up.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. old boss rocked... new boss came in.. was cool.. then he turned completely around.. promised me a $2.50 raise.. and i was "lucky" to get $.50

sucks..why? gm an @$$hole

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
mine's okay, i guess, i get to take care of old people all day from 3pm to 11pm in a nursing home, yay! :rolleyes: kind of lenient on tardiness, pays halfa$$ed, $9.00/hr. wierd scheduling, used to be one weekend worked, and then one off, sux now, you gotta work two weekends in a row and then get one off :( , plenty of oppurtunity for o.t., but not worth it in the long run, you can bust your butt working 16 hour days all week and they still wouldn't think twice about canning you if they think it would benefit the company in any way, oh well, it pays most of the bills and let's me buy some extra crap for my car every now and then, :D , i usually gross about $1,600-$2,000/mo, not much, but it's something at least, hehehehehe, later'z......:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm an ICT engineer, and with keeping in mind I HAVE to have a job to pay the bills, I'm pleased with it. I work for a large company who does projects for (larger) companies, and currently I am starting with my 3rd project at Philips.

I read that some of you have the feeling you are treated wrong or with no respect at work. Although the culture will be different over here I would to try to give a tip:
Be always pro-active, and don't play all your cards open. And if you take your work seriously, most people will take you serious too. The few exceptions can just be ignored.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts