1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's not dead on at all. To believe in a dog you need no faith. To believe in God you need faith.

Atheists have their religion too. It's called happenstance. Everything they believe in just happened. Sad, real sad.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you come to my house to search for a dog you'll get bitten on the leg...

What's that make me? A satanist? ;)

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A pending lawsuit defendant... :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Last Mrk on this one, since there is plenty of readily available proof of the existence or non-existence of a dog in a given house.

I personally am an agnostic, just cause that's the only scientific viewpoint to hold. We have no way to prove that god does exist, just as we have no way to prove god doesn't exist. To proclaim with certainty "there is no god", as an atheist does, requires just as much faith as the theist who proclaims "there is a god". Any speculation as to the existence of a god is just that, speculation. To firmly believe there is a god, or to firmly believe that there isn't a god, both require making a final determination without enough evidence. Since that is not a scientific approach, I won't draw either conclusion. I will just say that there may or may not be a god, and either way doesn't really affect my decisions in my life, so it doesn't concern me too much.

·
Registered
335 Posts
To me that was more confusing than just stating the actual definitions.

My definitions:

Theist- believes in a god (or gods) and follows the prescribed religion.

Atheist- doesn't follow a religion because of disbelief in the god(s) or disbelief in the religion

Agnostic- subscribes to the fact that neither the existence or non-existence of a god (or multiples thereof) can be proven.

My own beliefs are a strange mix of all three, and I'd be happy to discuss them all to you if you bought me a beer :D

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You don't have to search for the dog here you have to move out of the way before that creature knocks you down.
Alan

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I am my own god, I look out for and look to number 1 and number 1 only. Why can't people be bothered to give the answers to themselves by working to find them and understand without someone just feeding the answers to a 'persona' ? People are lazy they want to be in a group, life is simple that way. Nothing complicated for me please just a simple label will do.

Any Websters want to tell me what it means to be a 'human being' or a 'person'

Give you a hint its not something you want to be.

Nearly the whole of english speakers think its OK words to describe people. Labeling others with some meaning less words like atheist or agnostic won't help me understand anything about the individual or who they are. I think Christians, atheists, and agnostics all ACT alike they nearly identical in life.

The label is worthless on a can of food because you aren't going to eat the label.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I look out for and look to number 1 and number 1 only.
To which Rodney Dangerfield would say, "Just make sure you don't step in number 2!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts