TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are pulling a mark 8 motor at work and they wanted me to find out if it needs to come out the top or the bottom. if out the top how do you get the trans bolts out having a hell of a time with them what the best and easiest way to pull thanks

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Both. If you have a cherry picker, top. If you have a lift, bottom. Depends on space and what you have around you.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
we are pulling a mark 8 motor at work and they wanted me to find out if it needs to come out the top or the bottom. if out the top how do you get the trans bolts out having a hell of a time with them what the best and easiest way to pull thanks
I always pull em from the top. The trans bolts can be tough but for the top 2 i got them from the top side of the engine bay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys guys! dose the wiper assy need to come out? that thing is shoe horned in there:eek:

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
thanks for the replys guys! dose the wiper assy need to come out? that thing is shoe horned in there:eek:
I never had to mess with the Wiper stuff

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yes, take the cowl pieces and the wiper assembly out and you will find that you have ton's of room to get any tool you need down there.
That is the first step I take when pulling an engine out of any RWD Ford. (When applicable.)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What is said Mark VIII motors next home? I have been looking for one to put in my Cougar, the last person I talked to about one they had for sale was pretty iffy on the recent past, like when it last ran, why it was pulled, how many miles, did it sit upside down in a mudhole for a month, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is said Mark VIII motors next home? I have been looking for one to put in my Cougar, the last person I talked to about one they had for sale was pretty iffy on the recent past, like when it last ran, why it was pulled, how many miles, did it sit upside down in a mudhole for a month, etc.
it is a 180,000mi with no compression. it's getting a new motor. and i moved to IL a month ago:rolleyes: so sorry i can't help you out;)

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
As Josh said, "both". It can come out either way.

Yes, pulling the wiper cowl makes it easy to get to the bellhousing bolts.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
it is a 180,000mi with no compression. it's getting a new motor. and i moved to IL a month ago:rolleyes: so sorry i can't help you out;)
Well, that is why I haven't seen out at SIR :)

180k and no compression beats 170k and compression with an NA 3.8 anyday :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts