TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have p and p'd manifolds on 2 1/4 head pipes into a magnaflow internal X. Muffler with and X pipe in it. Was way loud, cut open both ends and stuffed it with steel wool. Is liveable on a cruzing basis.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
dont know how u ppl cry with drone. 4.5l caddy.. straight pipe out the side... loud.. but not enough for me.. drone ha what drone.. all i know is i sound like a nascar when i punch it.. still to quite!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
ITHURTZ said:
dont know how u ppl cry with drone. 4.5l caddy.. straight pipe out the side... loud.. but not enough for me.. drone ha what drone.. all i know is i sound like a nascar when i punch it.. still to quite!
who cares :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Depends if you have cats or not. My car has a magnaflow midmounted now, and its not loud at all. The cats take a lot out of it but I think the mufflers really work to give you tone.

Blacktbird96 was running his duals with H-pipe, no mufflers, and stock cats before he decided to part the car out. Maybe you could talk to him.

-Miller

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had to remove my exhaust from my x-pipes back when I was working on it once. I didn't finish in time and drove it to work with just the x-pipes. Sounded great at idle, so incredible sounding. Reasonably loud too. But as soon as you went to drive it it was just obnoxious. WAYYYYY to loud, the whole inside of the car was shaking when I was going 55 from it being so loud. I had a headache after like 10 minutes. I had to drive home from work at 1 am and almost got pulled over......I pulled in to a gas station to get gas and a cop pulled in behind me. I didn't start the car until he left, I thought he drove in because he heard me. Keep in mind the exhaust was also dumping out underneath the car. Run some mufflers, the done and volume is just stupid sounding. It did sound incredible at idle though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Heres my thoughts. Find a friend that has a truck with the exhaust dumped under the bed. Ride around with them all day long and see how it sounds to you. If you still like it after dealing with it all day then go ahead and make yours loud too. Also, keep in mind V6 loud and V8 loud sound wayyyy different. (V8 is the greatest sound IMHO) Also, the loud truck can be simulated by a mustang with 2 chambers or any other vehicle with cop-magnet exhaust.:D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts