1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
hate them with a vengeance, lol...:D

·
Registered
817 Posts
ugh i just went camping and we have one of those screened in tents so the bugs dont get in. we had the propane lantern on full and those suckers were clinging to the outside, thousands of them. so i went out with an empty carona bottle and scooped them up and into the bottle. it was very easy you just put it under them and those suckers like just let go and fall in. i filled the bottle up and put the cap back on and put it in the brightest red glowing part of the fire and let the suckers roast. there was nothing left of them in seconds. from inside the bottle they basically melted into liquid brown junebug before the bottle melted. good thing we werent downwind cause it smelt something bad.

also camping we ran into these big *** flying beetle things, almost like scarabs, one flew onto the tent room and i smacked it with the butt end of my acoustic and knocked him out cold, then set him over the log and watched him fry. ugly sucker, had thorns and was really loud, like a super pissed off bumblebee on nitrous. made my day right there.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
you shoulda seen the one i killed last year, lol, that sucker was about 2 inches by 3 inches, by far the lagest junebug i have ever seen in my life, you think the little one buzzing around freak you out, man, you shoulda heard what that one sounded like, sounded like a weedeater going full throttle, now that freaked me out.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Arnt those the same things at Japanese Beetles? The kind that eats the hell out of a bean field?

We get those in our pool alot, I spend more time skimming the surface for them then swimming. It really sucks if you come up from under water and get one stuck in your hair, It just freaks me out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
We used to tie thread around their legs and fly them around when we were kids!!!!!!!!!!

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
93sleeper said:
Arnt those the same things at Japanese Beetles? The kind that eats the hell out of a bean field?
Junebugs and Japanese beetles are two different insects, but they look similar.

June Bugs
http://enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesGS.asp?curGroupID=4&searchText=June+bug&curPageNum=1&recnum=IS0027

Japanese Beetles
http://enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesGS.asp?curGroupID=4&searchText=Japanese+Beetle&curPageNum=1&recnum=IS0029

I'm lucky: I haven't ever encountered a June Bug that I can remember. However, I have friggin' Japanese Beetles trying to eat my Morning Glories, the bastards.

--Molly

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
5.0 Chero said:
We used to tie thread around their legs and fly them around when we were kids!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha.. I love doing that.. ever do it with a good size bumble bee or a horsefly? Man those things have some PULL! :D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
They kick ***, they are nice and crunchy:leftright

·
Registered
972 Posts
Craig-and-Molly said:

Junebugs and Japanese beetles are two different insects, but they look similar.

June Bugs
http://enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesGS.asp?curGroupID=4&searchText=June+bug&curPageNum=1&recnum=IS0027

Japanese Beetles
http://enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesGS.asp?curGroupID=4&searchText=Japanese+Beetle&curPageNum=1&recnum=IS0029

I'm lucky: I haven't ever encountered a June Bug that I can remember. However, I have friggin' Japanese Beetles trying to eat my Morning Glories, the bastards.

--Molly
Yea, I havent really seen any june bugs around here, but japs are so common, just 3 of those thing will get in my pool filter and cause it to jump 10 psi!
Plus when they floating on the surface and I use the net to get them out, They cling to it so hard I have to flick them off.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
They kick ***, they are nice and crunchy:leftright
One of my friends said they are nice and crunch, and feel weird going down. Yum yum.

May flies and June bugs suck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you ride a motorcycle you hate them trust me!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't even sit on the damn porch without getting ambushed by two or three of them. Then they block my exit by buzzing around the porch light next to the door. I swear to god I BROKE a fly swatter on one of them...and the bug was still alive! True story.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
in the summer we set traps for jap beetles. this scent attracts them and them they try to land on it, and they slide into a plastic bag. after afew days you have 3 or 4 pounds of writhing beetles.

The june bugs like to latch onto our door screens. you can flick the screen, and they go flying to the ground, and thud and they are dead.

·
Registered
972 Posts
GreenBird said:
in the summer we set traps for jap beetles. this scent attracts them and them they try to land on it, and they slide into a plastic bag. after afew days you have 3 or 4 pounds of writhing beetles.

The june bugs like to latch onto our door screens. you can flick the screen, and they go flying to the ground, and thud and they are dead.
"Yea, we give those to our neighbors that we dont like so it attracts them to thier houses, lol." Quote from my old shop teacher.

Where I live its an unending battle, Im surrounded by a soybean field, about 400acres big.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
heres a tip.....plug in the HIGH power bug zapper....then...turn off the lights....then grab a beer....and laugh you worries away

-Custom *Chrome* Civic Tube Upper intake
-High flow cats
-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-2.5in piping from headers to the back tips
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires
-Scott's *Custom* Gauges

·
Registered
972 Posts
Some of them arent even big enough to let the japanese bettles through.

Got to the home depot, ..... ??? This is the biggets one you have???....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'll have to jump on the hating the japanese beetles...I just think June bugs are funny, always flying into things....and ending up upside down on the ground....the ones that get in my house are eaten by my roomates cat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts