1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Search vfn hood. There was a post in the images forum with pics of this just last week.

-Joel

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
overall do you guys like it compared to the scp hoods?and how was the fitment? also Red96Bird is it possible to use the hood you bought without the pins? I think it looks awesome but I would prefer without the pins its just not my taste. Also fiberglass or steel?

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
x182dan said:
overall do you guys like it compared to the scp hoods?and how was the fitment? also Red96Bird is it possible to use the hood you bought without the pins? I think it looks awesome but I would prefer without the pins its just not my taste. Also fiberglass or steel?
Any hood can be used without pins, but really any fiberglass hood should be pinned to prevent it from flying up and busting up the windshield. The fiberglass is not as rigid as metal, and the hood can flex enough that it comes unlatched. If that happens and you don't have pins on it, up goes the hood and you will have to replace or repair the hood and replace the windshield. Its up to you, but personally I would never have a fiberglass hood without pins on any car I own.

Mike

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i personally dont know about the SCP hoods but it took me all of maybe an hour to get the vfn hood to fit properly, as far as the pins, i would go without them if i wanted to also, but at the same time, just from opening and closing the hood a few times i could see that it was already wearing away the fiberglass stock latch area. so then i knew for sure i would use the pins. yes the hood is fiberglass, when making it fit, i kinda chuckled everytime i had to take the hood on and off the car because of how light weight it was.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I debated between the two companies. I called VFN and they said it would take atleast 4-5 weeks to get it made, then shipping would be another week or two. At the time I was getting ready for paint and wanted to get it done at the same time...

I personnaly wasn't too impressed with SCP's hood, the fitment is crappy. I say this because the left side of the hood is about a 1/8 of an inch too short. I will end up having to glass it to make it look right.

As far as the hood pin issue, I value my dollars too damn much to risk something that $10 hood pins could have prevented. :D

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
on the topic of hood pins, have any of you used the locking hood pins?
i just got some from auto zone andi was thinking about the locking ones but i asked myself why , i am useing the latch also so i got the regular ones .

Jurgen

·
Registered
608 Posts
i am ntoa big fan of the way the hairpin-style fasteners look, i guess i could use the tortional ones (the ones that look like a keyring with a pin attatched to it on the inside) but i think the locking style would look the best. i wonder if the insides of the lock would rust over time. that wouldnt be good, go to open your hood after having it for a few years and the hood is locked down due to rusted locks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts