TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I am not looking for a deceased guy. Does anyone have any contact info for darrin the transmission guy? I just need to ask him a question.

·
Administrator
14,031 Posts
What's your transmission question? Someone here can probably answer it or point you to someone who can.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to figure out which reverse servo I would likely need for my 1997 4r70w, since I cannot drop the pan prior to getting the part.
1,2, or 3 lines. Shop up here will not even help me order one, they want 3000 from me for a rebuild instead.
Someone here said I could just order the 3 line and grind it down if it is too big but I dont trust myself to make it the correct size, or smoothness at the end. I figgered someone who had been inside hundreds of these transmissions would probably have an idea.
My only other option is to buy all three, but being in Canada, I would just have to toss the unneeded ones due to shipping.
If you read my last couple threads, you can get an idea of what is going on with my transmission. I got no manual 1 or reverse.
I tried to message dirty dog too through here, but he is making license plates still I believe.

·
Administrator
14,031 Posts
I am trying to figure out which reverse servo I would likely need for my 1997 4r70w, since I cannot drop the pan prior to getting the part.
1,2, or 3 lines. Shop up here will not even help me order one, they want 3000 from me for a rebuild instead.
Someone here said I could just order the 3 line and grind it down if it is too big but I don't trust myself to make it the correct size, or smoothness at the end. I figured someone who had been inside hundreds of these transmissions would probably have an idea.
My only other option is to buy all three, but being in Canada, I would just have to toss the unneeded ones due to shipping.
If you read my last couple threads, you can get an idea of what is going on with my transmission. I got no manual 1 or reverse.
I tried to message dirty dog too through here, but he is making license plates still I believe.

:ROFLMAO: You're right. Dirty Dog is making license plates now. I never thought of it that way ... oh the irony. From torque converters to license plates.

RobertP would be a good person to ask. You can reach him at: 910-947-7044.

·
Super Moderator
11,777 Posts
As

I posted yesterday, if you have no reverse, you have no forward.
The forward clutch is inside the reverse clutch.
I went to look, and I have more than one of each, so different years got different ones. I'd try RobertP.

Reactions: 3_97_sports

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,358 Posts
As

I posted yesterday, if you have no reverse, you have no forward.
The forward clutch is inside the reverse clutch.
I went to look, and I have more than one of each, so different years got different ones. I'd try RobertP.
Keep in mind he stated that he has no manual 1st. Manual first requires the reverse band to apply.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,358 Posts
Someone here said I could just order the 3 line and grind it down if it is too big but I dont trust myself to make it the correct size, or smoothness at the end. I figgered someone who had been inside hundreds of these transmissions would probably have an idea.
Just get a 2 line Servo. It will be fine.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Darrin has suffered from health problems in the past. He is a super nice guy. I hope he is ok, he did post on here in the past occasionally.. I was at Dirtydogs house 15 yrs ago with both of them when they were friends to get a converter installed. I guess the Dog fell into hard times if he is making license plates.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 2 line reverse servo was the correct one that was in there, and changing it fixed my transmission issues. Thank you to all who contributed their thoughts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts