·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,812 Posts
I do not. However MN12s already have a cold air intake from the factory, so unless you're looking to change up the look of the engine bay or want to use the plumbing included to support of a different MAF setup, your money is better put towards other things. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both really. Though it will be a while before I really start upgrading stuff. I’ve just been trying to keep a list of the different companies I come across that sell products for our cars.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,422 Posts
+1 just yank the air silencer and you'll get all the benefit(intake noise) and none of the negatives(heat soak from metal piping, possible water intake from puddles, turbulent airflow readings from the bend in front of the MAF)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven’t had a chance to pull the silencer out yet. As for the CAI, I wouldn’t put the bend in it. I have no intention of having a hard to reach air filter. I’m lazy that way.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
The 2002 mustang mod is about as good as it gets, unless you upgrade the eec and get a slot maf.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you talking about the mustang tube from the 4.6? Will that fit a super coupe? I’m pretty sure I actually have one boxed up somewhere. I’ve had to dig out a bunch of old stuff now that I have a running thunderbird again.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technically I do. PI swapped 95. It just doesn’t run anymore.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
LOL. I assume Everyone has a 4.6, it seems like.
My sis had an sc and a 5.0 tbird, so you'd think I'd remember, but it shocked me when Michelle posted a pic of Preston's car, and the distributor threw me for a loop.
Obviously, I need to pay better attention. :)

Reactions: jda95bird

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Just don't replace the stock airbox for a cone filter, pulling hot, underhood air. Jerry and his guys were pretty good about the easy stuff. And he was totally right about the 4r70w; all the stuff the beancounters removed was put back by 02

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,948 Posts
Not a tuning expert, but doesn't the EEC get reprogrammed and not the MAF? :unsure:

Joe

• Haha
Reactions: Grog6

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Pro-M .. I haven't heard that name since MN12performance days .. used to be a popular upgrade; the MAF was calibrated for the application ( this is when chips / tunes were not readily available like they are now ) .. before Jerry made the J-chips even because the off the shelf tuners were not plotting as many points on the MAF curve .. 🤔

1 - 15 of 15 Posts