TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a set of Crager rims this moday and was wanting to see if anyone had them on their cars. mainly cuz my dad is getting them from a friend that owns a car dealership and he's just giving them away. but i was told they were the five spoke polished steel rims. and they are in good condition from what ive heard all they need is a good cleaning and polished back up. but hey cant pass up a free set of rims. btu now that i have a good job. in the next month im getting a WHOLE new suspension put on my car. and in little more time all new rockers maybe a new paint job. (ive decided to keep my bird) :D but im lowering it 2" and i didnt know if anyone had these rims on their cars so i had a rough idea of what they looked like (or even a rim similar to these) when i am done. but i figured you peolpe over say hmmmm 25 would have a good idea of what cragers look like.

thanks for any help i get.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
If you're talking about the original SS cragers, they are classics. One of the best looking rims ever made. But they won't fit on your Bird. You need a rim that has an offset designed to fit a front wheel drive car. I tried to find SS cragers, Keystones, Centerlines, etc. to get that classic style and look - to no avail. :( .

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if not ill just buy a spacer and change the bolt pattern to make them fit

and yes they are the classics

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Polished steel? That would rust in .002 seconds, even in a dry climate.

Crager S/S wheels are composite wheels, chrome steel rims (hoops) with aluminum centers.

I still remember the 13x5.5 and 13x7 Cragar S/Ses on my 1974(I think) Mercury Bobcat hatch. Thank god it is 2006 now!

I doubt you will have any luck fitting them to your car, but good luck.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
You can get rims that look just like that that actually fit our cars. But that would be the right and safe way to do things.

·
The Parts Guy
7,338 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
You can get rims that look just like that that actually fit our cars. But that would be the right and safe way to do things.
Yep. The Bullitt replicas look very similar to the original Cragar S/S, but they are actually designed to fit our cars.

Ricerbird, good luck getting those to fit/look halfway decent on your car. As Uncaged 94 mentioned, you need wheels that have an offset designed for a FWD vehicle. The wheels that you're talking about will stick out of the wheelwells horribly, and that's after the necessary hub swap to match the bolt pattern of the wheels.

-Rod

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i have a set of 14x7 reversed cragars s/s's on my cutlass, looks awesome, it's my favorite classic wheel design, btw....;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts