TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am playing around in the market. I have been watching Ford (Ticker symbol "F") for a few months now. It is currently hanging around 10 bucks a share. Does anyone here own Ford? I don't think I would put it in my 401k but I am considering buying maybe 50-75 shares.

Im my first venture into individual stocks I bought XM radio @ 2.62 and now it looks like it might survive (New financing etc)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think its a bargin a 10/share. Ford stock is having a rough couple of years but in the long run they are a good stock to have.

Joe

·
Registered
347 Posts
Back when it was $9.45 a share...

Ford stock in actuality was valued at $6.25 per share.

So it's overpriced. Had you bought some in the past I'd hold or sell. Not really the best idea to buy it right now, but anything in the market is a gamble.

And before anyone wants to chime in and play stock analyst, I'm not an expert, but all you need to know to figure the above out is the Required Rate of Return, the Capital Asset Pricing Model and the Discount Cash Flow Analysis.

Half of it is pluging numbers in and half of it is taking a gamble.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
You don't sell when it is low, you buy when it is low. Its not like Ford is going to go out of business, the governement wouldn't let that happen. If you sell when it is low you are losing your ***, but if you buy when it is low you are getting an investment. It will eventually go up and when it gets there you sell and make money. Good Year is another one that is pretty low right now and another company that you can be sure won't go out of business even though it is in though times. Good Year has been hanging out around $7 a share. Both have been going up slowly over the last week or so. Tech companies would be risky to buy when low because there is a high risk one of them could go out of business.

·
Registered
366 Posts
if you wanna play the lottery, buy some Enron or worldcom stock for a few pennies each.

both companies are still doing business, and both have new CEO who are trying ot turn the companies around.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
JRB

JRB back to the origional Q.....

YES i own the air hose that runs the paint gun in the paint booth. i have 10 shares of Ford as a birthday gift....... i say i get a 3.00$ dividend check about every 1/4.

I mean hey 3 bucks is 3 bucks i rather it in my pocket than someone else.

Is it a good stock, any stock that returns a check to you is good in my book.

Secondly if you drive a Ford and have motorcraft in your blood, then it is a pride thing to own a small part of Ford.............that is why im proud to drive a Ford and proud that i own a part of it, even if it is that tiny air hose

·
Registered
566 Posts
4 Cam Bird is right on.

Needless to say the market is tough right now. Ford valued at $6; is it overpriced at 10? Perhaps. Look for long term at least though, 10+ years.
Ford is not going under. If you want to talk about over priced look at most of the tech stocks. Any one out there want to buy some Cisco for $80/share? Buy Low sell high (or hold, automaticaly reinvest or let the dividend payments roll in)

And yes I do own Ford Stock.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts