TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a magazine about this 9 second Toyota Supra in Arizona. The September issue of Sport Compact Car has this big headline which says, "The Undefeated". Here look:

I went to the home Website (WOTM.com) where it says "*** Ryan Woon Wins the National 6spd Supra Shootout at San Anotino Raceway with a [email protected] on boost only!!!". I assume they meant San Antonio Raceway which was where I timed my 'Bird a couple of weeks ago, but I could be wrong. Anyway, on that page I found a video clip which seems to indicate that the Supra actually lost a race:

http://homepage.mac.com/rdwoon/[email protected]

Doesn't it look to you that the car in the left lane not only beat the Supra off the line, but also finished with a better ET at the end? Even if that car red-lighted, I wouldn't be boasting that the Supra is undefeated after a race like that.

What do you think?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Yup that Supra got pwn3d at the light.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
That wasnt a Supra racing him.... Says he is undefeated in the Supra World... That looks like a urabuS...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If [email protected] is the fastest Supra, thats PATHETIC.
I know supras are dyno monsters but I have yet to see one run as fast as its dyno number show it should.I know I've seen a few past the 1000rwhp mark with just boost, should be good for better than a [email protected] pushing a 3000# car, the thing should be in the solid mid 8's with that kind of power.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Have you ever seen the dyno sheet on those 800 horse supras? They are like an exponential function's graph. They just keep climbing right at the very end. The peak number for power is huge, but they don't have area under the curve after the shift to continue pulling. That's why I've heard people joke "what do a 500 hp Supra and a 800 hp Supra have in common? 11 sec quarters."

Pete

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
SC UL8R1990 said:
he didnt do it on ONLY boost!!! look at all the stickers!! cheater!
Hehe...took me a minute. :D Well, he is defeatable, you know. I don't see a bit of yellow on there. That almost doubles the "sticky-power!" :woowoo:

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
A 12.8 out of 412rwhp/436rwtq? Jesus...if I had that kind of power I'd be hoping for high 11s.

I do find it funny how the car gains over a hundred HP and TQ in no time whatsoever. Too bad it doesn't happen until 4,000-4,500 RPMs. That's also not an SAE graph, the corrected numbers would be lower.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
How about putting the Supra against a KB'ed 03/04 Snake?

Wouldn't be a match for long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts