Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard if you enter like 7,8 after the code the trunk opens

I cant get mine to work I did a :search: a roni didnt find anything

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
IIRC, if you hit the last key of your code twice, it opens both doors. It will open your trunk, just can't remember the exact number. Try them all and see what happens. I always thought it was "0" or "9".

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you hit 5 it will open the trunk (after your door opener code). I use that prob more than the hand held deal and the button in the console combined.

Joe

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mine is a little different ('94 LX).

The code is XXXX, hitting the last number again opens the passenger door. Hitting 4 after that (or after the code) opens the trunk.

Why don't all the manufacturers have keyless entry, it is the coolest thing. I use it all the time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
mamberg said:
Why don't all the manufacturers have keyless entry, it is the coolest thing. I use it all the time.

I know....right? I hear all those damn "onstar" radio commercials where the person is flipping out about how the doors are locked with a baby inside or some crap like that....i'd just punch in my code and...ta da.:D

Erik

·
Registered
825 Posts
if you punch in you 5 diget code and the drivers door unlocks and 2/3 unlocks passenger side 5/6 is trunk and 7/8+9/0 at the same time locks both doors

·
Registered
890 Posts
yeah, now that I think about it again, that's right - the way dwinthrup described it.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
pnyklr said:
I heard if you enter like 7,8 after the code the trunk opens

I cant get mine to work I did a :search: a roni didnt find anything
From the 1993 Service manual:

Keyless Keypad

To unlock the driver's door, enter the permanent factory code or the owner's alternate code. This will also disarm Anti-theft system, if equipped.

To unlock the passenger door(s), press the 3/4 button within five seconds of unlocking the driver's door or luggage compartment.

To unlock the luggage compartment, press the 5/6 button within five seconds of unlocking driver's or passenger door(s).

To turn on the interior lamps, lift either front door handle or press any button on the keypad. All illuminated components will light.

To program temporary temporary code, press 1/2 button within five seconds of the last command. Enter any alternate five digit code within five seconds of pressing the 1/2 button.

To lock all doors, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time. It is not necessary to enter the key code first. This will turn off courtesy lamps and arm Anti-theft system, if equipped.

·
Registered
825 Posts
also to get your doors to lock when the shifter moves thru R push your five digit code, within five seconds push and hold 7/8 and tap 3/4 then release 7/8. I can't get it to work on my 93 but the ford shop manual says it will work lets see if you guys can get it to work. to turn it off follow the same sequence.
this will lock your doors when you put your car into gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts