TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
You never know until you go look. I wish I knew half the stuff I do now before I bought my LX. The people didnt even tell me half the stuff that was wrong with it before i bought it. Good luck though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Heck, Junkyard Thunderbirds look great to me. Just gotta drive them, check out the strut rod bushings, Ball Joints, Tie Rods, IRS bushings, Trans.... You can get all that out of a 2 minute test drive if you know your birds. If you ask the right questions, you can probably diagnose some of that over the phone. I would expect that stuff to be worn on a 92, but with the low mileage and a 5.0 it still looks good to me. And it was the 92 with the newer front end.:)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I wonder where it is in Mt Prospect cause i am not too far and drive through there every day to work. If you want me to check it out for you i might be able too.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
135 E Bonnie Brae Ave
Mount Prospect, IL 60056

thats the location...... if u could check it out that would be cool.. if not thats cool too thanks

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rims would be a blast to get first.. if i get this its the rims im not worried about its the 130$ a month for insurance!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
it looks decent, but you wouldnt know unless you look up close and personal.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do u tell that it is a sport??? and in the info it says V8 but i dont see emblem on the side?

and speaked of wrecked... does say new radiator :confused:

·
Registered
484 Posts
If your still lookin, search on Ebay for "1993 Thunderbird" i found a good looking tan 5.0 bird on there for under 900 bucks, somewhere in Illinois too. might be more now though.....

*edit* Still there, 660 bucks, no reserve, in Orland Park Illinois.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks JohnNaas

i am the new high bidder on that lol.. just hope i can get it.. they are only 63 miles from me.. so i can pick it up myself... drive 40miles on the weekend to a friends house so that puts me even closer! well wish me luck

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hope you get it, love when an enthusiast gets a good one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I say that is a Sport because............

1)In 1992 only the SC's and the Sports came with that front bumper.

2)If you look at the side molding, the chrome strip starts just in front of the rear tire, and goes around the back, which only the Sports were like. The 1992 LX and base bird had a chrome strip all the way around.

If you do go to look at it, the sticker in the drivers doorjam should say JJJJ for the spring code. Also if there is a pink stripe around the bottom of the car then it is a sport, but it still could be a Sport if the stripe isn't there, I think most owners took that off.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
corey there is a red tbird for sale just south of grand ave on route 45 . didnt notice much about it, just cruised past it this morning on my way to work.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lost the ebay bid..... but my dad saw the car u were talking about jk. 1295.00.. but he fialed to inform me v8 or not.... guess ill have to wait for the weekend to come to take a look at it.... prob 5 miles from me

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
looks good from the road, but i havent stopped to check it out. its usually dark when i drive by it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That Ebay car is only sitting at 1525, still not bad.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a black 91 Cougar XR7, sunroof, auto ride, vmm, etc. there is a fairly nice one sitting on base here that sais 1800 OBO, so I bet you could steal that for 1500 bucks. Not many 91 XR7 V8's running around

1 - 20 of 30 Posts