TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm weird, maybe someone else has felt it before.....Cars tend to develop a "personality" if you will let them. I just bought my my 97 and on the way to work today Burden in my hands by Soundgarden played. I swear it was like my car acted different. I don't know if it's just because the song is so kicka$$ and got me pumped or what but it was wild. It was seriously as though the song was my cars song.

Maybe I am losing my mind....anyone else have a song for they're car?

(Oh and the song was recorded the same year my car was built, so it may just be the car and song were similar because of the time they're from)

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
you're losing your mind. Although I saved all original contents of the car and kept it in the car because the car has had such good luck and care by the 2 previous owners that I figure what would a couple good luck charms in the glove box hurt. I also hated losing even my first car so I get attached as well. I feel that you're interfacing with a machine so know it inside and out over a long period of time for good driving skills.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(curses voices in his head) CRAZY!! CrAzY?!? o_O

LOL, No I just felt more connected with my car than before....and I may be a bit crazy..

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
(curses voices in his head) CRAZY!! CrAzY?!? o_O

LOL, No I just felt more connected with my car than before....and I may be a bit crazy..
I find there's a whole list of music that I can't listen to and drive (legally, anyway...) :D

Certain songs from Disturbed, Korn, Manson, Rush, Queensryche, Megadeth, and quite a few others tend to make me drive way too fast. :rolleyes:

These cars really like to drive fast, for some reason; maybe they're possessed!

That's it! (that's the ticket...) :tongue:

"Officer, Marilyn Manson possessed my car thru the CD player, causing me to fall into a hyperpsychotic trance; He's the one responsible for me doing 190 on the freeway! I Swear! That wasn't me mooning the camera in the patrol car at over 100, it was the evil car that made me do it!!" (ROFLMAO)

Don't worry about being crazy; when you stop thinking you might be, that's when you worry... :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Yeah, but it keeps saying the same thing all of the time. "I'm THIRSTY!"
My '96 say that too.. Once the fuel level gets to a certain point below "1/4" on the gauge.. it gets harder to start :)

My '91 XR7 used to have a mind of it's own.. One day it can perform like one would never have thought. the next day, a moped could kick it's ass..

Didn't matter what music i played or anything.. Also i noticed my '91 XR7 is disliking my late attention i've been giving it and things seem to be having issues now on it.. But after a good wash and Hug.. everything seemed to start working as it should :)
One day i'm gonna clean out the garage (IE remove the Comet) and place it in there to start the rebuild on her (Engine, rear suspension, Body?)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My '92 would act if if not treated right. The wife should have named her Christine instead of Lola.

I never had a problem with the car starting. On the day I donated it her to a local charity she would not crank. Battery cable was loose. I would have thought nothing of it but just the night before I cheked them and they were good & tight.

I'm telling you she did not want to leave.

·
Registered
24 Posts
you got it bad bro. enjoy

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Car

It may have it's own personality........but...uh.........um.........it's never spoken to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
mine doesn't actually speak to me, but i do know when its not happy, and does act up if i neglect it for a while. I bag the hell out of my car, and this one is the only one that keeps on going. But then i treat her right afterwards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts