TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've finally gotten around to finishing my 96 mark engine swap into my 96 cougar. I pretty much have everything buttoned up but some vacuum lines, coolant plumbing, and some tranny cooler plumbing. The vacuum shouldnt be a problem once i get mitchell out. The cooling system has me hung up tho. I've tried searching but im suddenly having a hard time finding all the swap threads.

So anyway, does the mark have a different coolant reservoir? more like the mustang one maybe? I can get all the mark hoses to connect to the tee, but what i assume is the reservoir line... its 3/4" from the tee and 1" at the reservoir. What did you guys do to fix this? I was gonna get some 1" line and just tighten it down to the 3/4" but i cant find 1" line anywhere... Next stop is gonna have to be home depot to see if i can make something there work.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
From what I remember, the Mark 8 reservoir to T-stat housing hose had a larger formed end for the reservoir end.

You might try seeing what formed hoses your local auto parts store has behind the counter.

-Rod

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rod, i checked other hoses in stock... nothing close to the right shape. A buddy told me his shop gets 1" hose from NAPA, so ill try them i guess... I find it odd you cant even order that res. hose... I guess i should triple check that thomas didnt send me one with the engine

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for anyone that searches this, yes napa carries 1" heater hose. I'll probly just by a 1" to 3/4" reducer from lowes and go that route

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ehh, i didnt like it, took too much hose to make the bend and it was too prone to kinking, I just hacked the res. part of my sohc lower hose off and used it. Not the way I wanted to go, but oh well, it worked. Id honesly suggest checking the ford dealership for the right hose. Or of course a donor car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts