TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my heads back from the shop. They look wonderful. I was wondering around looking for who to send them off to when my neighbor suggested TPS performance specialties. They are wonderful people, and wanted me to see all stages of the progress being that they are local to me. Great prices too.:ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Give me a ring and tell me what you think about this mod as far as power goes. Also, what was the price and when will u have strip times for us? I have a Mark and would love to get my heads PnPed.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
And while you're giving out all the info...

Where is TPS Performance? Web link? What cams?

And importantly, did your cam gears have keys in them? :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are here in the New Orleans area. No website, they mainly do all of the local racers heads. They use a superflow 600 bench. As far as times and power gain, I won't know until I finish the engine. He told me that the gain will be in the 20-30 HP area depending on my other mods. I am going to use stock cams, but he is doing another set with performance cams now. Pics will be 2 or 3 weeks until I get back home from offshore and settled in. I didnt even get to cherish them but a day before time to leave for work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My main cam gears had the keys cast into them, but there were no keys in the secondaries. I guess they were just using the clamping force. They will have keys going back together though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah the total price with complete valve job, PNP and reset cams was under $1400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts