TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im giving my dad my 95 Bird to make a street cruser out of it. He was thining about just doing a PI H/C/I swap, but is now wanting to do a DOHC Mark 8 swap.

What would he need to do, to do the swap??

·
Registered
623 Posts
It's straightforward and has been covered a lot here. I hate to say it, but search and come back with questions you still have. I am willing to wager that everything you need to know to complete the swap is somewhere in here.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
What would he need to do, to do the swap??
first he would need to acquire a dohc engine

then he would need to search the 4.6 forum...this gets brought up at least twice a month now for the last 8 years

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
It's straightforward and has been covered a lot here. I hate to say it, but search and come back with questions you still have. I am willing to wager that everything you need to know to complete the swap is somewhere in here.
first he would need to acquire a dohc engine

then he would need to search the 4.6 forum...this gets brought up at least twice a month now for the last 8 years
:D x2 :D

-Maic

·
Registered
52 Posts
It would probably really help this board if someone who has done a complete Mark VIII swap to make an article. The DOHC swap article in the tech section is a joke. Not only would this help those that want to do the swap, but keep the "search" posters at bay.

On a side note, is there a topic that takes a Mark VIII motor and puts it in a bird that the project gets completed and shows how and why to do certain things with pictures????? And if there is can it become a STICKEY!! There seems to be a ton of information on this site but no one spot to find it. The tech section really hasnt changed much since I joined this site and it could certainly benefit from all of the great information that is on this site. (rant off).

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
We do not Spoon-Feed Noobs. :cool:

There are several people here that have successfully done the swap; their posts are still here, I've read some of them lately.

Spoon-feeding lessens the accomplishments of the ones that have done it, if nothing else. That's why they haven't posted you a how-to guide.

They will answer and have answered intelligent questions. If you don't know what an IMRC is, and how to deal with it, you still have a lot of reading.

I went from a DOHC swap to a PI swap because it's much easier, less fabbing, less hassle. I'm still working on it, but it's still months away from me buying headers and an exhaust that will fit.

Even a PI swap has some details that require searching.

Don't get discouraged, and try searching for the "how to search" threads.

YMMV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts