TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think I read somewhere that it will you just have to use the Mustang brake system and modify some other things too.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Palmguy said:
:gotsearch

yes
:rofl: :rofl: Wow 30 minutes from question to :gotsearch

Yes it will fit fine and has been discussed many many times. Just to a search (as Palmguy so politely recommended :rofl: ) and you'll find a lot of great info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
987 Posts
quad turbo V10... hmmmmm frankencougie is on to something here.... :)

Sam

·
Registered
632 Posts
And of course nobody mentions that the Mustang engine is not DOHC, but SOHC

The 96-98 Mustangs have the same engine as 96-97 T-birds/Cougars which is only marginally better than what the 92-95 engines are.

The 99+ SOHC engines with PI heads is what you need to get a bit more power.

Of course, the quad turbo V12 is a good idea too :D
-Andrey

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
MadRussian said:
And of course nobody mentions that the Mustang engine is not DOHC, but SOHC
It depends on which "Mustang". :leftright

The Cobra is "officially" a "Mustang". :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
MadRussian said:
Of course, the quad turbo V12 is a good idea too :D
-Andrey
Come on we are talkin V10 here, not V12, obviously there wouldnt be room for a V12 silly... :)

Sam

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mark B. said:
Why would you have to use the Mustang brake system?

- Mark
I thought I read somewhere that you need to use the Mustang\Cobra brake system or something similar in place of the master cylinder because the of the valve covers on the DOHC. Oh well. I guess I was incorrect.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
When you find someone who has put the Mustang Hydroboost in a TBird, let me know, because I believe that's what's holding people some back from putting in some more aggressive camshafts, since you'll lose vacuum on the TBird system. I'd run hydroboost if the system wasn't so darn complicated, I looked at the entire system, and that's a lot of line running everywhere to fabricate.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
95greenbird said:

I thought I read somewhere that you need to use the Mustang\Cobra brake system or something similar in place of the master cylinder because the of the valve covers on the DOHC. Oh well. I guess I was incorrect.
Yes, indeed you were. No brake modification required, engine fits fine, but you do have to remove the master cylinder in order to remove the drivers side valve cover with the engine in the car. As far as the area around the enigne goes, it bolts right in with no clearance issues, although it is a tight fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts