TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started the install of a 03 mercury marduadar swap into my 95 thunderbird. I am having the problems with the wiring. I have just used the orginal wiring with the car but made it longer to accomadate the wider engine, but when I turn the key nothing happens. I have tried cleaning the battery cables and I have even had the solenoid on the starter checked. Nothing works, but I was able to get it to turn over before this happened. I am at the end of my rope any help would be great.:confused:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Check fuse #15 in the fuse block under the hood. . . .

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
When you say nothing happens, do you mean "nothing" (i.e. fuel pump not turn on, no dash lights, no accessories, etc) or "it won't turn over".

If you hear the fuel pump, have dash lights, etc., I would look at the neutral safety switch (it's in the MLPS right) and see if it is adjusted properly.

But that's just off the top of my head. Give some more detailed symptoms and I'm sure we can help you get it going. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I say nothing that means that all the dashboard lights come on but it does not activate the starter or anything. I hear the fuel pump come on but that is it. I have went through all the fuses under the hood and the ones under the dashboard. What is the MLPS and were is that located? I know that this hooks onto the trans but how would you adjust something like that? It use to turn over but all the sudden that stopped happening. The red cable that runs from the battery is connected to the starter and the black wire that is suppose to be the ignition is connected too.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
The MLPS is the switch on the left side of the transmission with the shift cable going to it. If it is not in Park or Neutral then the starter will not work. There is a notch on it to signify where Neutral is. . . .use a flashlight and you can see where it says "Neutral".

·
Registered
255 Posts
Im not shur... did you check all you ground wires? is your motor grounded?

·
Registered
106 Posts
This system is actually pretty simple. pwr goes from the igntion switch when turned to start position to the mlps r\lb wire. As long as mlps is working properly and veh is in park or neutral pwr comes out w/pk wire. If you dont have anti theft it goes to connecter c103 and changes back to r/lb wire. This wire goes to solenoid side of stater. If you do have anti theft it goes to a relay that is controled by anti theft module. When pwr comes out of relay it will be on r/lb wire going to starter. I did not list every single conncter of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts