TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project and I ran into a snag. I have a 94 Teksid block it originally came with B heads I diced that I would go with a set of 03 cobra heads port and polished when I bought them from a friend he threw in the intake manifold he had sold the supercharger but the price was right. My problem is when I checked the fit of the heads they mounted great the intake though was a problem it sits on top of the knock sensor mounts and there is a ¼ inch gap between the intake and the head. Do I need to have the mounts removed and do I have to relocate the knock sensors. Block is going to the machine shop after the holidays to be bored and decked.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was told that 03 Cobra with the Eaton supercharger had the knock sensor disabled and then went a Ford Racing and found that the block they specify for the 03 Cobra have the knock sensor mounts machined off. But are the knock sensor located else where in the motor or where the just eliminated?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
As far as I know knock sensors were eliminated in all eaton powered cars/trucks becuase the noise from the SC were triggering them making them useless

·
Registered
288 Posts
what brain are you going to use for the swap? if you use your 97's computer and harness, you're not gonna be using the knock sensors anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts