TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DOHC Swap Question

Ok so here is a question. If I purchase a DOHC engine from a mark and put it into the Tbird, can I reuse my alternator, water pump, and U/D pullies from my bird?

Sam

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
slayer said:
Ok so here is a question. If I purchase a DOHC engine from a mark and put it into the Tbird, can I reuse my alternator, water pump, and U/D pullies from my bird?

Sam
No, Yes (I think), and Yes.. :D

The alternators are definitely different.
I think the water pumps are the same, but I’m not 100% sure.
I’m pretty sure the U/D pulleys are the same for most early SOHC and DOHC.

But I would recommend that if you are going to get a Mark engine, try to get it with all the accessories still installed. It whould make things a lot easier!! :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info. The engine that I am looking at does. for 875 I can get a DOHC '94 with all accesories, computer, and wiring harness. I just got some U/D pullies for my Tbird and want to know specifically if those work. Ohh the engine has 58k miles and compression of 170pr and a 60 day warranty. I think that is good price what about you guys?

Sam

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I would look into those pullies. I am pretty sure that when you purchase pulleys there is always a different set in the list for the DOHC cobra's. You might need new pulleys. If needed you can always sell pullies on the for sale forum here.
I could be wrong though. It wouldnt be the first.

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I work at a belt and hose plant, and can tell you that both engines use the same belt. Does that mean the pullies are interchangable? Nope, but if they used different belts you would definitely know there was no chance.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the help guys. I have decided to put em on the Bird for now, and then sell em if they don't fit when I get the engine in...

Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts