TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on modular depot wanted the cross over pipe and t-stat housing from the engine I am parting. So I looked up what a new t-stat housing for a 93 Mark was to make sure I was setting a fair price. ford parts network price was $243:eek: So I told him $50 for it and he thought that was fair and we made a deal. So then out of curiousity I look up a 96 Cobra one. List on it was $47. I think to myself, I know I have seen an equivalent Mark part priced higher than the same basic thing on a Cobra before but that is ridiculous. Then I go back and look up a 96 Mark, same price as the Cobra one. So what gives? Did they switch from Aluminum on the 93-95's to plastic on the 96+ or something? I have never seen a 96+ t-stat housing, only the old style ones. Or did they change something altogether, in 96 is the T-stat no longer located inside the aluminum t for the coolant hoses? Just curious as to what was going on. Anyone with a newer Mark tell me how things are on it?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Are you talking about the thermostat housing or the crossover tube?

Isn't the price for the crossover tube in the $200’s?

I know I about had a coronary when I started looking for mine and I had planned on buying new. :beek:

In the manuals I've read up on, they all look the same. The Gen II crossover might be different, but I don't think so. (I'll take a gander at it when I go to lunch)

But now you have me wondering also. :2huh:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am talking about the thermostat housing. Damn, $200 for the crossover? I sold that way to cheap, I think I sold you the one I had befroe didn't I? That was too cheap too! Oh well, I'm not losing anything in either situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts