TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
LMAF doesn't work?

A few months ago i bought a 90mm lmaf off of will-e. So i put it on my car a few days ago and it turns out that the maf is no good. So i confront him with it and:
Will-e:
1.) I DID NOT know it was not functional becuase i had it tested myself, and it did in fact get power.
2.) the flange was not cut, it was recieved to me that way, (not all MAF are constructed with same body, i had to fabricate a rubber boot to go around the MAF)
3.) the screws are moved because if u look inside the MAF harness, the gutting mod has been performed.
4.) check the wiring harness. it could that simple that the harness is bad (which is possible but unlikly becuase i never used it, and of which if that is the case, i will goin on HALF of the cost of that). this could be why u are not geting any power to the MAF.
5.) is it a mass produced chip? or a custom.
now, i can understand ur frustrated at the moment, iv had similar bad deals, but please quit with the threats and barking of orders ok. now, this deal was said and done, for quite some time now, i cant take responsiblity if it does infact not work, its been over 2 months now. but im not completly unreasonable, after it is confirmed (in which means u kinda have to provide being that the part is in your posession) i will agree to come to some fair and mutal terms. now the ball is in your park. you make the call mike, easy or hard.

will-e:
Re: lmaf u sold me awhile back
the harness was not used, the maf was used for 20 miles. as far as the flange, i have no explanation for that was the way i recieved it. for this confusion i am truly sorry. the mod was listed in many (but not all i will admit) posts for it was put up several times. for that again, i take responisibility for the confusion. ur father may be a great tech, i will NEVER argue an experienced mechanic's abilities, however, it did work on my vehicle, and was tested and verified in functionality apon removal from two certified garages (one being perfomance based, the other in diagnostics and smog based), which took place percisly 2 hours berfore i sent it to you. forgive me for asking u to repeat yourself but why exactly do u have to pay a core charge on a MAF that i sent u? i dont want to end this response rude but, i dont need that MAF back, i sold it becuase i didn't want it, and im not going to put up a none working part. again i dont meen to sound rude but if anything, u should attempt to sell it.
i would like to note that i appreciate your drop in tone and willingness to communicate instead of a back and forth verbal exchange.

nutboy44211 wrote on 04-02-2003 06:31 PM:
well first off i don't need a harness because i have a '97. Second off you said it worked for EXACTLY 20 miles so u had to use it. Third off I called ford today and all of the lightning maf's came with flanges. Fourth off why didn't you say that the gutting mod was done. If I would of known i wouldn't of purchased it. Also my father is a ase certified master tech and he said the maf was bad. So i really can't argue with that. All i know is is that i want my money back. I will gladly send it back to you, i'll even take the loss on shipping, so that way you can sell it to someone else or whatever. But in that case i'm also screwed because then i have to also put up the core charge fee so i basically have to pay double for it.
I can't believe this. So i went to pm him and he isn't accepted pm's anymore. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS MAN. Now I'm out of money and my car doesn't run.

Original title restored. -Greenbird

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Sucks man, I know how you feel. At least the guy you purchased from has the decency to reply to your emails. I got ripped off by LimitedEditionBird (Mike Garcia), he was supposed to sell me an "80mm 02 GT MAF"...needless to say that wasn't what I got and he will not respond to my emails or PM's, but he still occasionally posts here :rolleyes: Good luck getting your money back.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
'97 block, cobra crank, manley rods, probe pistons, 70mm throttle body, 42lb. Injectors, 90mm Lightning maf,, Vortech V-1 S-Trim, 17" fox fives, ventus HRII tires, Kicker Solobaric 12L5, Two 1440 Watt Amps, Custom Gauges, Pioneer Headunit, 6 Pioneer 6x8's.
I have some questions:

1) I see no mention of a custom chip in your sig? I would hope you had the L-MAF's transfer fuction added to the burn, right?

2) Do you have any dyno graphs of your setup (A/F, HP, TQ)?

3) Since when does an L-MAF need to be gutted anyway?

-Scott

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys i apologize on my sig. I do have a chip from dennis and i do have the air to fuel maps with the new sensor in. The maf was no good. All i did today was I put a new one in and seconds later its perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts