TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my car, i have the two front cats stock, then a custom y-pipe with a 3" outlet, flanged two a 3" dynomax bullet muffler welded to 3" main pipe, then split off again after the pumpkin into 2.25 pipes into 18x3.5" tips. I got two questions, the flange that connects my y-pipe to my muffler doesn't have a 3'' opening, it's like 2.5 or something, i havent measured. How bad do you think that is messing up the sound or flow? like having a kink in a straw, i think. I dont think i'm getting the right sound from it. And the 2nd question, if i changed my tips to 3", what kind of sound change would that make? I couldn't find anything on flange openings or what kind of sound 3.5 vs 3" tips make, so please dont hit me for another exhaust question!

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I'm no exhaust guy, but you are pinched at the front cats. If I were you, I'd consider replacing the front cats with 2 1/2 high flow cats. 3"inch would be overkill unless you have PnP intakes and heads, giggle gas, and or a blower.

Hey, come down to some of our Iowa meetings and events. I'm in Dubuque, which ain't that much farther for things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts