TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I plug my scanner to read my codes? I cant find the harness.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
hahahahahahahahahhaahahaha!

sorry :tongue:

right underneath the dash on the passenger side. should have a cap on it, probably 1" x 2-3"

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it all the way up inside that area? Do I have to remove the first set of wires to reach it? I spent 10 minutes laying upside down in the passanger seat on the floor and i think I found it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ok im done.

i lied!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
30 Posts
On my 95s it is OBD1 and inside the engine compartement passenger side between the fender well and the firewall. On my 97 it is OBD2 and inside the car under the glove box next to the tranny tunnel. If you get down to seat height it is right there in plain sight. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Dont forget that 94-95 4.6 has EEC V where as 94-95 3.8 has EEC IV. 96-97 4.6 & 3.8 have EEC V.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still not sure, sorry guys I took some pics so hopefully this helps. They are with my camera phone so the 1st few are dark.

Pic 1 I unbolted this from under my glovebox

Pic 2 and 3 This is what is bolted in after that but there is a bolt on the top right side that I cannot reach.( It is shown in pic 3)
Pic 2

Pic 3

Sorry about those, I was upside down under my glovebox in the dark.

Lastly my engine compartment. Noticed the twist ties:D , I broke a clamp and ghetto fixed it.

Engine

Can anyone show me where to go in these pics. I am sorry it is taking this long.

Will

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I feel alot better, but not so much. I had the wrong scanner so I was looking elsewhere for somewhere to put it in. I found the correct place the first time I looked. Thanks everyone, I was going completly crazy.

My scanner

DAMN YOU AUTOZONE!!:tongue:

Will

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ok im done.

i lied!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
FordFanatic said:
ok im done.

i lied!

:uppoint:

·
Registered
332 Posts
haha uhh i just wanted to ask if you had one of the scanners in which u push the quick ID button, where it tells u directly where to plug the scan tool in and which connector to use. LOL

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish. I was told this would work for all OBDI cars. I new where i was supposed to plug it in, I just couldnt find out where. Would have been alot easier if I I had the right scanner lol.:bangwall:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Will3799 said:
I wish. I was told this would work for all OBDI cars. I new where i was supposed to plug it in, I just couldnt find out where. Would have been alot easier if I I had the right scanner lol.:bangwall:
Yea thats for OBDI .... you have OBDII.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts