TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 XR7 , 46 most every option. 66.000 miles. rustfree, from washington state.
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long shot ,but anyone buy the kit or mufflers and never use them?
dynomax #17379 exhaust kit --l and r mufflers, 17679 and 17680.
i know it wasnt a power adder but at least you could hear the car run.
i had it on my first 94 and the 96. it was the only exhaust that kept the factory look.
thank you !--irv toms

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Saw one about 3 years ago on Rockauto, and Ebay at the same time. I am kind of kicking myself for not buying one; I wouldn't mind quieting down the Cougar.
Good bet would be to set up a saved search on ebay for the part number. A new old stock may show up

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,033 Posts
I’ve seen people do that on late model Mustangs, cutting out one of the tubes from the first chamber effectively converts them to the noisier(but still fairly mellow) GT500 style muffler. Those are turbo style mufflers, I’m not sure what our stock design is but wouldn’t be surprised if a similar mod could be accomplished.

·
Registered
97 Ford Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6L V8
48 Posts
I'd love to find one of the Dymomax kits just to get rid of the pinch after the 3rd cat and have the larger diameter piping.

I did the muffler delete in the spring and those stock mufflers are heavy!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and its the only one ive seen too.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I'd love to find one of the Dymomax kits just to get rid of the pinch after the 3rd cat and have the larger diameter piping.

I did the muffler delete in the spring and those stock mufflers are heavy!
That is exactly what I did on my Cougar. I used that pipe and deleted the mufflers. Sounds good but can be a bit too loud at times.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bought 2- 1 in 96 when i bought my first 94. sold in 05 and exhaust still was nice[stored and only put 7000 miles on it]. bought a 96 in 2010 and bought another kit. shoulda kept my stock system when i sold it in '18. it was almost like new. hindsight is always 20/20. gave away
a lot of nos parts too thinking i would never have another one. wife finally gave in last aug !

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found 2 dynomax 17679[l side] mufflers. with the help of a very anal certified welder friend, one of them
will become a 17680 [r side] clone. just have to cut and reposition the hangar and cut and reweld the
tip180 degrees ! for anyone that is interested there are still a few 17679s left out there.thanks to tom westman from minn
for one of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts