·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I have just one question.... What's on the other side?!?! :beek:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
That's where Bizarro world is, Don!!

Ya know, I can almost understand the moon landing "conspiracy" (don't believe it but it's interesting to read sometimes), but this...I laugh in their general direction!

·
Registered
381 Posts
sigh... is everything a conspiracy now? I do believe the earth is round. If people don't want to believe the moon landing, thats one thing. But the earth being flat, thats just crazy talk. What happens when we hit the edge? do boats just warp to the other side? lol

·
Super Moderator
17,171 Posts
sigh... is everything a conspiracy now? I do believe the earth is round. If people don't want to believe the moon landing, thats one thing. But the earth being flat, thats just crazy talk. What happens when we hit the edge? do boats just warp to the other side? lol
you fall off the edge, thats why theres an ice wall to stop you :tongue:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Good Lord, get on an airplane you idiots! I've been up high enough to see the curvature of the earth!

-Joel

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just can't believe some people still believe this. We have so much to prove against it. And what do they have to say it's true?? NOTHING. I am thick headed also, but even i know that the world is round.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
They would probably say that the curvature is an illusion.
No it's the windows of the plane.

I know someone who is very intelligent that say the moon landings were all an act. Shot in a studio.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The moon landing is one thing, I personally could care less whether it happened or not . But to those who think the world is flat, get a helmet and take the short bus because your retarded.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Their forums are a hoot!! Especially the “Angry Ranting” one!! :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

And to answer the questions you can read their FAQ:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=230b7c456ffbec2b77646c1c677061f2&topic=11211.0

Just think, about a couple decades ago, we all scoffed at the idea of using leeches in medical procedures. Now they are an accepted practice. Maybe in 100 years we will come to the realization that the FE’ers are in actuality correct. :D :zwall:

The thing I find hilarious is that while everyone bashes them for their hypothesis of the earth being flat, many people completely accept the hypothesis that the earth, stars, human kind, et. al. were created out of nothing by a supreme being/force (Christian God, Buddha’s Karma, Hindu’s Brahma…). So remind me again, who exactly are the crazy ones? :tongue: :D

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
What astounds me is the range of intelligence (or lack thereof) of people. Just think about it this way...Stephen Hawkings and Albert Einstein are the same species as those people! Also if you want to disprove it, you don't even need to go up in a plane, just download google earth and you can see a satellite image of anywhere on the earth that you want. I can see my car in my driveway when I look up my house, so how are they going to fake a satellite image of everywhere in the world to that detail?

·
Registered
741 Posts
What astounds me is the range of intelligence (or lack thereof) of people. Just think about it this way...Stephen Hawkings and Albert Einstein are the same species as those people! Also if you want to disprove it, you don't even need to go up in a plane, just download google earth and you can see a satellite image of anywhere on the earth that you want. I can see my car in my driveway when I look up my house, so how are they going to fake a satellite image of everywhere in the world to that detail?
The GPS/satellite companies are being paid off, read it in their FAQ.

Just because the graphical representation within the program is a sphere doesn't mean the world is actually a sphere.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Yeah, but how do they get all the pictures of every place on the earth? If satellites don't exist, then they would have to make up all those pictures, and how would they know exactly what your house looks like from above?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts