1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check this out later. Pfft. Once again the MN12 gets no love. LOL

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm going to watch it later.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts
The only video he showed that wasnt a rollin shot was my friend breaking his transmission doing a burnout.

Hes still the only person I know who has destroyed an m5r2

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Going to have to watch it later. To their credit they have some interesting videos to watch, if you just want to zone out. Some of the ones I like are the 350z cheap vs. expensive build. I watched one of the guys rebuild a rack on this Miata and screw it all up, was a fun video lol....

Not surprising they ignored the MN12. Going to go ahead and guess that 99% of the episode is all about the Foxbody. Nothing against the Foxbody cars; it's just that everyone has such a big hard on for them.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
The only video he showed that wasnt a rollin shot was my friend breaking his transmission doing a burnout.

where the hell did he find those fresh vanilla ice 3 spoke wheels?I thought that must have been old footage from the birdcats days 🤣

input shaft? That’s pretty crazy

·
Registered
601 Posts
They were on the car when he got them iirc. He restored it for his first car. He actually just got done building a Galaxie.

Ill see if he can send a pic of the broken trans. The thing looked like it was smashed with something.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts

I have a great video somewhere of Joker exploding his pumpkin doing a high RPM clutch drop at the track during a Joel Bender Summer Blast meet years ago.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Going to go ahead and guess that 99% of the episode is all about the Foxbody.
Just finished watching the video. It's not. The Foxbody clip was about 1/4 of the total video.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
I want my 10 minutes back.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
IDK if it has been posted here, haven't checked in for a bit. Tyler Hoovie at Hoovies Garage on Youtube got a Mark 8 a month or two ago, the video he did of it was actually pretty good. He seems to appreciate the car for what it is. Also he does a few good burnouts in the video!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
Speaking of exploded slip yokes, that reminds me I probably should install that pinion spacer I’ve had to correct for the inch too short driveshaft I‘ve been using for 4 years 🤣

I want my 10 minutes back.
Same. Just like I thought before watching the whole thing, Wikipedia synopsis read by a so called influencer. I want my view I gave him back

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hell my 96 broke the front u joint with the first engine I built for it.

I re used the yoke and the drive shaft cause Im a cheap bastard. Filed down all the jagged edges and got a new u joint.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,276 Posts
Thats 30 seconds of my life I cannot get back.

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I dont know why they did a such a shitty job on that video, they usually make pretty good videos.
I think we feel it's shitty because there was literally like 10sec of MN12 T-Bird and a sh!t ton more of all other generations of T-Bird. Even the effing retro-bird got more time than the MN12.... 🤦‍♂️

1 - 20 of 34 Posts