TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
They just put up this video today with the MN12 as #9.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just think making a video on such a iconic car name they should of done a way better job, I just feel like they dont care too much about Thunderbirds.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
They just put up this video today with the MN12 as #9.
It's a consolidation prize at best. It's not a video meant specifically for the Thunderbird.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
They also got it a bit wrong. It wasn't 88-97 and the V8 never got a manual. Take what you can get I guess.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
That little smirk at “and Cougar” lost all my goodwill, which was zero. That whole thing was a mess, add to it 89-90s he pointed up to couldn’t get a V8.

Based on the high energy and comments like “My dad has a model 3, I wonder if I can drift it” it’s clearly a channel aimed at a tween demographic. I’ll get my car entertainment from someone who wasn’t a Jalopnik commentator with higher aspirations.

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
That little smirk at “and Cougar” lost all my goodwill, which was zero. That whole thing was a mess, add to it 89-90s he pointed up to couldn’t get a V8.

Based on the high energy and comments like “My dad has a model 3, I wonder if I can drift it” it’s clearly a channel aimed at a tween demographic. I’ll get my car entertainment from someone who wasn’t a Jalopnik commentator with higher aspirations.
Higher?

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,566 Posts
I didn't have much interest in watching when I saw the post earlier with the "10 seconds worth of MN12" in the title. With all the comments, I see that it looks I wasn't wrong in passing it over.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
That’s the worst part, I don’t disagree, it’s so frustrating!

But I give way more credit for the ease to stay in a controlled drift to the long wheelbase than I do the IRS. If solid rear axles were bad for drifting, these wouldn’t literally be the posterchild of drift cars.

I just think making a video on such a iconic car name they should of done a way better job, I just feel like they dont care too much about Thunderbirds.
This video feels like it was made by VerticalScope 🤣

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
That drift video is sh!t. Everyone knows the best line is right down the middle.

FWIW, Call 'em out in the comments.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts