TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else seen the previews for this?? All I can say is WOW. Stunning graphics. Personally, I think I will be heading to gamestop in the local mall and preordering it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Of course

Drive Ford, play Id.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I can't wait either... I wonder if there is even a PC out yet that can run the game with all of it's bells and whistles lol

All I know is, I'm not going to be a happy camper if they don't make an Xbox port of it

I've been waiting for the last year for this game to be released :)

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Yeah I was just looking around the web trying to find what requirements are needed for this new game but found nothing :(

Hell, I was a beta tester for ID many years ago when this all started with Wolfenstein. I could not figure out why I kept feeling sick when I'd play that game LOL

Mark

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Yeah I was just looking around the web trying to find what requirements are needed for this new game but found nothing :(

Hell, I was a beta tester for ID many years ago when this all started with Wolfenstein. I could not figure out why I kept feeling sick when I'd play that game LOL

Mark
wait a minuate... what's your last name? Is it McCormick (sp?) :confused: Was your name in the credits? (I imagine it was)

no ****, lol thats real cool. I wasted many many hours of my life jamming on wolf 3-d/doom/ etc...

didn't they (ID software) do catacomb abyss too? lol

From what I was hearing... at E3 they had a preview of Doom 3 running at a blistering 6 frames fer second or something lol :uppoint:

still cool though...

·
Registered
686 Posts
yea i started with the 32x version of doom, then wolfenstein for jaguar then pc doom, then quake came out....and i still play that one lol (the original even). Doom 3 will be sweet. I miss having new ID games to play, Ive been playing halo for PC lately, it sucks not having coop mode tho. Nothing can touch the ID classics tho :D

Greg

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
there is a doom 3 "demo" (read. somebody leaked it) floating around. Saw someone running it at a LAN game about 6 months back. Looks awesome. Ben can vouch for that too if he pops in.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
They said the game would be very playable on 500mhz/geforce 2 system with everything turned off at 640x480 :D I'm still running a Radeon 8500 128meg and haven't found a reason to upgrade yet, until doom3 is out that is :eek:

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I think my HT 2.8ghz HT will come in handy ...with the 9800 pro I just got for christmas early :D

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good, an Athlon XP 2600 should do with a Geforce 4...for now.

All I can say....I hope they do as good going from Doom 2 to Doom 3....as they did from the original Wolfenstein to RTCW.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I fell out of my chair about a year ago when I found out about DOOM 3. I beat all the doom, wolf, and quake games which I still play today. The thing that sucks is that I need a new computer to play doom 3(which I will be getting).:)

Hey does anybody here have the 3000 extra levels for doom 2? I do, but I don't know of anybody that does.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Yep that was me ...Yeah right :D

I also stared opposite Brian Keith in a hit TV show back in the 80s :)
:confused: :confused: who's Brian Keith? lol really? What TV show?

<--- youngin :D

dude... it's Ponch lmao :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I still have Wolfenstein, Doom 1.9, Doom 2, and Quake on my system, and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Doom made me buy a new computer to play it. I think I had a 386 when it came out and it couldn't handle it. I remember many hours in the dark late at night, with the hours passing.

Doom 3 will make me upgrade again. You think a 1.7Ghz with 256k Ram should be enough? I've read that it will require a massive video card.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
soop said:
I still have Wolfenstein, Doom 1.9, Doom 2, and Quake on my system, and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Doom made me buy a new computer to play it. I think I had a 386 when it came out and it couldn't handle it. I remember many hours in the dark late at night, with the hours passing.

Doom 3 will make me upgrade again. You think a 1.7Ghz with 256k Ram should be enough? I've read that it will require a massive video card.
doubt it would run good... but it would probably work.

I'll have to upgrade too :( :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
I wasted many hours with a 486 DX4 and doom. It would clog up and slow down when a bunch of the flying skull heads would come at me. I loved that game. Return to castle wolfenstein is a great lan party game. Just hope my Athlon Tbird 1G can handle D3...

·
Registered
817 Posts
:eek:

mother of god............that looks insane. almose lifelike.dam it better come out on xbox cause this piddly dell i use cant even run the original homeworld pc and star trek armada freezes after 10 minutes of play. its brand new too.eh XBOX rules anyways everything looks better on xbox. this guy i know was telling me how much nfsu looked so realistic on his comp then he came ofer and i showed him xbox and he shlt his pants. hes saving for one now. anyways was it just me or did the title sequence on the trailer give you chills?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts