TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 95 T-Bird LX the door ajar light keeps blinking while driving. There is no issue with the console light. For some reasons its in increments of 5. Blink 5 times, stops for a minute then starts again. I soaked the door strikers and latches with WD-40 but to no avail. I recently had a new drivers door window motor installed so I had the glass guy lube the inside of the door. I'm thinking of loosening the latches and cleaning them with WD or electronic cleaner. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Banned
575 Posts
There is a plastic nub the door pushes in for the light to shut off,atleast was on my 97..
Mine would stay lit also..i just glued was washer in wherthehe door stuck the nob to give it extra surface area then it depressed the nob enough to turn the light off.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I bought a new sensor to fix that on my old 95. It is located so far back in the door cavity that you cant even see it, have to go by feel, and with two fingers. Needless to say, they never made it in the car.

Mine only had the light on the warning system near the console illuminated. A perfectly square piece of electrical tape solved that.

Al

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
From what I read here the switch is inside the door latch. Mine was doing the same thing, they get gummed up over time. I sprayed some PB blaster into the latch and opened and closed the doors a few times. Has been working fine for over a year now.

I probably should have used Silicon spray now that I think of it, they are probably plastic so IDK if PB blaster will eat away at them or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts