TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'll go and check in a bit, take some pics for you, I have everything out of the door so it shouldn't be too confusing.

Heres what I need to know though.... How does ford build these freakin doors?? I would like to know how to get the guts out easier than my last attempt. Not only that, there is no connector for the door wiring, it's all just a bunch of wires pulled through the door.......wtf.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Does anyone have a picture/diagram of how the door ajar switches on a 1997 T-Bird are mounted to the latch mechanism they could post on here, perhaps from a Ford factory service manual? I need to replace mine but can not see how they are attached to the latch assembly. I think it's a Philips screw holding it to the latch, but I can't see if the screw is on the top, bottom or the sides.

Thanks!

Dennis

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I'll go and check in a bit, take some pics for you, I have everything out of the door so it shouldn't be too confusing.

Heres what I need to know though.... How does ford build these freakin doors?? I would like to know how to get the guts out easier than my last attempt. Not only that, there is no connector for the door wiring, it's all just a bunch of wires pulled through the door.......wtf.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
usually the switches that are in latches just twist in similar to many bulb sockets you may be familiar with
-Rob

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took apart a door, where is the switch? cause I have all the pieces out, so I could check how it's on there, I'm just not sure which part it's connected to.

As a bonus I now look like a crazy who has tried to end his life by poorly slitting his wrists......

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just took apart a door, where is the switch? cause I have all the pieces out, so I could check how it's on there, I'm just not sure which part it's connected to.

As a bonus I now look like a crazy who has tried to end his life by poorly slitting his wrists......
I believe it's mounted to the door latch, kind of sticking straight out of it (horizontally) and pointing fore and aft (in other words, the end the wire connector goes on is pointing towards the front of the door, where the hinges are).

Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I'm just glad Marty brought our server back in the Delorean...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe it's mounted to the door latch, kind of sticking straight out of it (horizontally) and pointing fore and aft (in other words, the end the wire connector goes on is pointing towards the front of the door, where the hinges are).

Dennis
ya your right. sorry about not getting the pics yet, I've been going through a lot of life changing stuff right now.

Basically yes, they stick straight out the back at the top, with the back of it pointing towards the front of the door/car.

there is also another sensor that sticks out the top and just has a bolt for a slide on plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts