TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger door catch (welded to the door jam) on my 95 bird broke away from the body. Anybody had this happen or have an idea how to get it fixed on the cheap?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
It's happened on the driver's side on my car...I'm shopping around for a welder guy to fix it. As far as it being cheap? Seems to me around my area, $100 is what it'll take to weld and reinforce it properly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have that on my drivers side right now.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Seems to be a common problem with our cars. Mine is cracked all the way thru on three sides around the drivers side strike bolt. The metal is extremely thin.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I fived mine bu cutting some heavy guage steel from a F150 bumper, flattened it out, drilled a hole in the middle of it and welded it on. smoothed it flush, right before the paint job. doesnt cost much, just need no know someon who welds.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I just fixed my driver door one in autobody class. The best way is weld it up from the front. make sure you replace the door hinge pins for a good repair. my teacher said the sagging door hinges causes the strikers to tear the metal over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts