TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,262 Posts
The switch that activates the door ajar light is mounted to the door latch. The Mark VIII guys get this problem a lot and the usual solution by them is to spray the crap outta the latch with WD-40 every day until it unsticks. If you've got small hands you can try to get inside the door and remove it to clean it manually too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My door indicator light does/did the same and its caused by the passenger door latch sticking. What I do is spray some engine degreaser on the latch, pressure wash it really well and spray some type of lubricant on the latch... fixed.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
So this is on the door itself, correct?

Thanks,
Al

·
Super Moderator
9,262 Posts
It is inside the door attached to the latch.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'll keep spraying it, but all I see is a latch, can't see any switch. The door does hang a little low when open (worn hinges), but the mechanism does work properly.

Al

·
Super Moderator
9,262 Posts

It's slightly above the latch. You won't be able to see it, heck I couldn't see it even with the door panel off while I was trying to get it out. Regrettably I didn't take any pics when I did the work. Unplug the (IIRC) yellow wire from the switch then remove the (again, IIRC) philips screw out to get the switch out.

It's a simple pressure switch. There is a metal rod with a spring behind it that is pushed into the switch the contacts when the latch is opened. When the latch is fully latched, the metal rod emerges from the switch, opening the circuit.

I was able to get the old one out, cleaned, and back in within 30 minutes when I did the repair last summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts