TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to find the plastic retainer for the keypad on the door? I figure its probably another discontinued part so i'll have to wind up making something

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out this retainer and the whole assembly both were discontinued some time ago. Oh well, maybe its time to shave everything n just use a key fob.

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
Maybe one of our many junkyard dawgs and find something for you! :tongue:

Joe

·
̇
3,701 Posts
KeyPad Retainer

The retainer that holds the keypad in is still available new from Ford..You can go to your local Ford dealership, and have them order one for you..

Here's a link to one for sale online-->>KeyPad Retainer

All of the 1990-1997 Thunderbird & Cougars used the same retainer to hold the keypad in..

I guess 1989 was the oddball year..That retainer is only available NOS if you can find it..

The Ford Part Number for the 1990-1997 MN12 KeyPad Retainer is: (FOVY-14A667-A) or (FOVY14A667A)

The Ford Part Number for the 1989 MN12 KeyPad Retainer is: (E3SZ-14A667-A) or (E3SZ14A667A)

Here's a diagram of the KeyPad & Retainer:
MN12 Keypad & Retainer Diagram.JPG

Not pictured in this diagram is the gasket for the keypad that is sandwiched between the keypad, and the hole in the door where the keypad sits..

The gasket is no longer available from Ford..If you're interested I'll provide the Ford Part Number for it anyways..

The Ford Part Number for the 1989-1997 MN12 KeyPad Gasket is: (E9SZ-14B061-A) or (E9SZ14B061A)

Rayo..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much for the info on those part numbers. I'll take them with me when i go back to the dealership n ask again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got the retainer yesterday for $5.50 n realized i also need the trim piece for it. Then realized it was only serviced as a whole piece with the keypad. Too bad they don't offer the keypad anymore. I actually do know where one is at, but by the looks of your car you probably wouldn't want it. It's been baking in the sun in a salvage yard for i don't know how many years. Still thinking bout filling the cut out in with metal like i did with the trunk lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts