TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone had a problem with there door latch not unlocking and having to open it by pushing it with your finger? Its the latch that holds the door shut when you close it...not sure what it technical name is. but you get the drift. Just seeing if its an easy fix like a spring or something. Thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes actually, but mine was sticking because it needed cleaned and lubricated. Cleaned it up and put a little silicone lubricant, badda bing... no more sticky latch.

There is a possibility that your hinge pins may be a little worn, I've noticed that can happen if the door starts to sag a little on these cars. That could cause the upper jaw to stick on the latch pin a little and spring back to the locked (or partially locked) position.

You might want to check to see if your car has had the recall repair done on it. I believe that the 96 and 97 models had a recall on them for weak door latching mechanisms not holding at the required 1000# DOT minimum. Not real sure if that would have anything to do with it or not, but better safe than sorry, right?

IF anyone knows for sure, please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts