TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that I have to replace the rubber door seals. Are these still available from Ford? How much do they cost? How hard are they to do?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, answered two of my own questions. Yes they are still made. Here are the prices my local dealer gave me:

TBird Door Seals:
Door Frame:$84.81
Base of Windshield: $86.37

I'm going to inspect them tonight and see if I can get away with just replacing one.

Any ideas as to how hard they are to replace?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I realized after hanging around a while and with a little hint from Thomas that I probably need to replace my hinge pins. ;)

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
yup, that is correct :) Let me know if you need help, I've had the dash apart many-a-time and I've replaced the door hinges before too. Also, be aware there is a hinge pin/bushing kit made by mn12performance.com which doesnt require replacing the hinge (taking dash out) so you might want to look into that, and then if you're going to do it, buy about, oooh, 6' of 2x4's and make a stand to hold the door up while you've got the hinge disconnected.
-Thomas

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
You can get the hinge pin/bushing at any auto store in the Help section too for a whole lot cheaper. :tongue:

The rubber around the door frame is very simple, just pull the old stuff and put on the new stuff. The "sill guard" might have to come up a little to tuck the rubber under it but it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
You can get the hinge pin/bushing at any auto store in the Help section too for a whole lot cheaper. :tongue:

The rubber around the door frame is very simple, just pull the old stuff and put on the new stuff. The "sill guard" might have to come up a little to tuck the rubber under it but it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

Oh thats right, and I can get it even CHEAPER than that too.

javacody, we have a club discount set up at oreilly's, so if you want to get the hinge pin/bushing set there let me know Ill give you our account number. Otherwise I could buy it for you if you want e to help, I get stuff at an even better price there (see: employee discount)

-Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts