TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i close my door this morning... only to hear a bunch of hangers fall apart into the panel somehow. my door lock is busted. due to me trying to close my door due to the faulty door hinge, where i have had the parts for over a year to fix, but never do.

anyone have a clue to put it back together temporaily?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
rephrase...

due to my duhness (made that word up- its the cold word) and not getting my door fixed in all the time Ive owned the car it broke

now I'm waiting for my alternator to go since the battery light has been blinking since I got the car even after I put in a new battery

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts

Here's the diagram I have for the locking mechanism.

Pull your door panel and look at it. It should be pretty straight forward as to how to put it back together or what may be broken or unhooked.

If you're confused - pull the panel from the other side and look at it. It's the same just facing the other direction :D

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not that part its the part on the side of the door where the 2 bear claws are when they meet the striker. i fixed it though . it took me while but i got.

all the parts look in good condition still. i guess it from all the banging it shut from the times i missed it.

the key to closing a door with a bad hinge is.....to lightly pick it up just a hair as your closing it shut. it almost an art LMAO :D. but it works, till i decide i have time to get it fixed. weather it be myslef or leaving at my cousins body shop. its just too damn cold. lol and you need 2 people.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rephrase...

due to my duhness (made that word up- its the cold word) and not getting my door fixed in all the time Ive owned the car it broke

now I'm waiting for my alternator to go since the battery light has been blinking since I got the car even after I put in a new battery

as i say again...........ANOTHER usless comment for pnyshtr lol

altenator is a brand new powermaster 200amp. still to this day no one can tell me why the light is blinking after i installed a new alternator and battery??

i got it tested and there is nothing wrong with it? power master said they would exchange it. im not wasting my 2 hrs time to swap it out. ill do that when i put my car away for the summer.

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts
its not that part its the part on the side of the door where the 2 bear claws are when they meet the striker. i fixed it though . it took me while but i got.

all the parts look in good condition still. i guess it from all the banging it shut from the times i missed it.

the key to closing a door with a bad hinge is.....to lightly pick it up just a hair as your closing it shut. it almost an art LMAO :D. but it works, till i decide i have time to get it fixed. weather it be myslef or leaving at my cousins body shop. its just too damn cold. lol and you need 2 people.
Don't wait too long or there will be no repairing the hinge. You'll have to replace it. The hinge pin will wear a slot in the hole that it sits in without a bushing there to protect it and then just replacing the bushing will not work. Unless you just want to replace the hinge rather than rebuild it.

I rebuilt my lower hinge in 2006 and wrote a supplement to the MN12 Performance How-To. Good luck with yours.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe because the pulley is not the right size which is why you chewed up the belt?

wel if you knew anything about cars dingy:rolleyes: LMAO you'd know that pulley isnt the problem. b/c the car is supercharged , it gotta stay at same speed with underdrive.

the reson the belt got chewed up is that te oem pully had a nick in it whcih caused it to tear over time. that i will fix this weekend.

·
Registered
390 Posts
door hinges

QQ......... now now u too play nice.........lmaoooooooooooo hey bad luck..i have both sets of door hindges from my 89 sc in good shape.......both upper n lower. there was a guy that wanted them...but neva replied back...$50 per door.....that will solve ua problem. come pick them up...:D

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like randall better LOL nah joking. your both good. i already have the rebuild kits. thats all i need. just no time to get them done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts