TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. i've been having sagging hinge problems with my '92 lx. seeing i only paid $120.00 for it and it's road worthy, i can't complain too much. anyway, the right door won't shut correctly and because of people slamming the thing now the window is messed up. my local body shop wants 453.00 to fix it... which sucks cause i'm looking at new hoods to. how much trouble is it to do the work myself? i considered getting them off a door in the junk yard but would end up with the same problem so new is the only way to go. why in the word did ford make those doors so heavy?
did ford ever offer the tbird with window cranks instead of electric? it would take some weight off of them.
thanks for everyone's time.:D

·
It is nice
885 Posts
happens to all these cars you have to replace the lower hinges most of the time only; before it gets bad and you start breaking stuff. my 91 was a horror the pass door was all dented rusted which didnt help either lol. probably your best bet is to get a used door in the junkyard and replace the lower hinge with a new one. If your door is not that bad yet metal broken by hinges, etc. you might just need a new hinge(s).

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/doorhinge/door-hinge-kit.htm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply... the door is rubbing the fender from the sag. the body shop priced the "kit" at $199.00 but i found all the parts at autozone for $25.00 and it looks like the window is going to need work. it's now loose in it's tracks from having to slam the door so much... it's always something but still, i like the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts